diy solar

diy solar

Starting the project

Twisted57

I am starting my solar project as we speak I’m building the racks for the panels now I’ve built a building for the powerhouse but I’m curious I will use lead acid batteries because that’s what in my budget I have watched some videos of the charge controllers and inverters in the same room with the lead acid batteries is this the safe practice or should I build a box separating and venting my batteries from my electronics remember I’m a newbie so be gentle

Welcome to the forums!

I'll move your question to the battery section where hopefully someone will answer your question.

S
I am starting my solar project as we speak I’m building the racks for the panels now I’ve built a building for the powerhouse but I’m curious I will use lead acid batteries because that’s what in my budget I have watched some videos of the charge controllers and inverters in the same room with the lead acid batteries is this the safe practice or should I build a box separating and venting my batteries from my electronics remember I’m a newbie so be gentle
The out gassing from lead acid is nasty and I suggest you keep them separate and vent them. Also tinned or silver coated copper wire and connectors. Solder them on not just crimped. After attaching to the battery coat with Dielectric grease.

Back