diy solar

diy solar

Stefan from Germany

Stefanseiner

Hello there,

my name is Stefan, I am 39, socialworker and at this time I'm core renovating an 115 years old farmers house together with my (not married yet ? ) wife.
image_fzaoht.jpg

She's a gereatric nurse and because both of our jobs are not with very high salary we've done all the renovatings for our own - with help from our friends and family of course.
Thermal insulation, new electricity, water, sewage, planing and installing an geothermal heatpump and the last one - installing a photovoltaic system (10 kWp).

Now, the photovoltaic is running one year, I want to add an Lithium Ion powerwall made from "old" and used 18650 cells to cover the power consumption which we have permanently (TV standby, fridge, wifi router and so on) and when sun is not shining.

That's the reason why I am here.
I'm reading a lot at several websites and bulletin boards, specially here, and I hope I will find some help to reach my goal - a step more on the way to independency and environmental protection.

Stefan

Welcome Stephan and wife. I sincerely applaud your ambition to renovate and modernize your homestead, and by yourself. You need you own reality show already!

To be honest, I'm a little taken aback by the 18650 farm you want to build, but it's your ream and I'm sure you have your reasons.

Have you yet purchased any solar equipment besides the photovoltaic? Is there a product or product line that you've seen that you're interested in?

You need and inverter etc or you have this?

thanks for the warm welcome :)

Actual I am using several different photovoltaik modules, the new one from JA-Solar and a few used modules too.
Inverter: I am going with MPP Solar / Infinisolar Hybrid inverters which are running in net parallel mode so the "electric situation" is as follow:
- when there is sun -> use the sun
- when there is no sun but battery power -> use the battery
- when there is no sun and no battery -> use grid, directly not through the inverter

Back