diy solar

diy solar

Storage of LIFEPO batteries in my RV

GSXR1000

Solar Enthusiast
I made a 560ah 12v battery and installed it in my RV. I am not going to remove it for storage so I figured out you can create custom charge profiles in my Victron SCC...
I labeled one for "storage" and set to 13.33v (about 35%-40% so about 200ah) which should help my shelf life especially in summer heat
I labeled a second one "use" and set to 13.8v (about 90%)
then I can use the victron lifepo setting for 100%
Screenshot_20210418-190644.jpgScreenshot_20210418-190633.jpg

the other thing I did was set my BMS to cut out at 12v. This allows me to log in and set my BMS to 10.5v and start my generator.

the other thing I did was set my BMS to cut out at 12v. This allows me to log in and set my BMS to 10.5v and start my generator.
Are you using the same charge profile for both inverter/charger and solar charger? What BMS did you end up using? I got 2 overkill 120a. One for each pack. New to this so need all the info I can get?

Are you using the same charge profile for both inverter/charger and solar charger? What BMS did you end up using? I got 2 overkill 120a. One for each pack. New to this so need all the info I can get?
I do not have an inverter charger.... if I did It prolly wouldn't unless I was connected to grid for a while (like make weeks at a rv park)... I have a standard 50a agm 3 stage ... which I leave off (99% time) unless needed which will be rare with my new 550ah battery

Back