diy solar

diy solar

StorEdge BI-EUSGN-01 as all-purpose main to grid for AC coupled home

syzygy

It seems to me like the SolarEdge BI-EUSGN-01 nearly has it all.
A 200A pass through capacity from grid
An auto-transformer for smoothing things
A generator interface
A couple of string inverters
A battery interface for the LG RESU
capable of driving a critical loads panel or whole house

What I'm wondering is about a seemingly somewhat off-book use, and according to 2019 guidance on the product, it might work, but I'd sure like some confirmation to see if anybody else has tried this (or if it's supported)
My use case would be to skip the power optimizers that SolarEdge proposes (because they don't have enough KW capacity for the number of Solar panels I plan to deploy) and using Microinverters with dynamic Volt/Var (Rule 21) frequency back-pressure power production control.
In grid-up mode, everything seems fine. All systems OK. It will feed back to grid, charge batteries (when added), and all the good stuff, and has the main bus capacity to satisfy it. What I'm wondering is if it could be used in grid-down mode with e.g. APSystems new DS3 or IQ8 style modules that have dynamic volt/var smooth feedback controls so that the generation capacity of the panels can match the load while the grid is down, and safely be disconnected from the grid through the internal ATS.
It could be an ideal, general-purpose solution (I might even use the internal string inverters for a separate set of dedicated panels to charge the future battery system)

Back