diy solar

diy solar

Strut channel for roof of RV

Picked up my aluminum unistrut View attachment 49713from Grainger today, very quick!
I only need 79" to mount my tilt panel, but thinking to mount the entire 10' pieces for possible future needs...went with the 1-5/8" tall to give me a little more space under panel to reach in and unscrew thumbbolts for tilt deployment.
i like this and i am going to look into Grainger to get a price i don't think they will ship in 20 foot lengths ,i was thinking of industrial metals and getting 1x3 , 24 gauge rectangle,thanks for posting

Last edited:
i like this and i am going to look into Grainger to get a price i don't think they will ship in 20 foot lengths ,i was thinking of industrial metals and getting 1x3 , 24 gauge rectangle,thanks for posting
Yes, I think 10ft is largest. It would have been $115 to ship just these two pieces to my location. So had it shipped to nearest Grainger location for free....and drove the 1.5 hours each way. It was delivered to the Grainger location in like 2 days!

Yes, I think 10ft is largest. It would have been $115 to ship just these two pieces to my location. So had it shipped to nearest Grainger location for free....and drove the 1.5 hours each way. It was delivered to the Grainger location in like 2 days!
thanks for answering that ,going to call Grainger in Phoenix ( 2 hr drive ) to see if they have it in stock

Does the outside unit need airflow in both directions? I have a dead-space in one of my slides that I could mount the outdoor unit into, then have 1 whole side exposed to the outside.

Maybe even have it on a track, where it slides out of the rig on a tray?

My ODU pulls air in from below, through the coils, and pushes out the side - always in that direction.

Back