diy solar

diy solar

Suggestion, user thread management.

I researched this all afternoon and the add ons to make this happen are not very stable with the current updated version of this forum. I will keep a look out for options. I like that idea a lot, thank you

Doesn't "Unwatch" accomplish this?
"Unwatch" stops notifications & emails. I'm looking to be able to manage what I see in the "New Posts" list, etc.
So adding a "Block" or "Ignore" option would be nice. Adding a "Mark as Read" button to the left of all threads in any list would be nearly as convenient.
Rather than complain that a thread has gone adrift of my interests, though it may still be technically within forum bounds, I'd like to eliminate it from my lists ("Blocked") or set it to "Already Read" status.

@SCClockDr, when I look at new posts it automatically applies an Unread filter. You can also apply other filters and save as defaults. This might help you weed out what you don't want to see. Please see below:

1576759914606.png

@Bob142 thanks. I was aware of those. They are too general for my aims, great to keep in mind though.
OK. Now that you've made me think about it a little more, I would love to see the same filtering capability when I click on a sub-forum. That's probably closer to what you're looking for? I see that there is a filter drop-down but it doesn't have any way to filter out threads that have been read.

There was an add on I wanted to buy but it doesnt support the latest version of our forum. Still waiting for someone to code it up. This forum is the latest upgrade so may take a couple months for add ons to catch up. we are running xenforo

Back