diy solar

diy solar

Suggestions for most cost effective panels for Jackery Explorer 1500

gfmucci

I'm considering purchase of the Explorer 1500 which takes up to 300 watt input times two (600 watt total). Jackery's panels are 100 or 200 watts. To achieve the 300 watts for each input they would have me buy 1, 100 watt plus 1, 200 watt panel in series per side (2, 100 watt panels plus 2, 200 watt panels, total). That gets really pricey.

Is there a more cost effective solution? I looked at the Dokio 300 watt panels (I would need adapters), but many report they output only about half their rated power.

I do not want to permanently mount panels. I want them easily storable and be able to set them up in emergencies at my home. They do not have to have built in stands - I can make my own. The Jackery 1500 generator, of course, has its own built in controller, so that is not needed.

I think overpaneling is acceptable with this unit. So 2, 200 watt units per side would also be an option.

Last edited:
I use 2 x 120W eco-worthy panels connected in series, gets max of 180w near solar noon at 43 degrees north latitude in late May.
They are pretty small and works well. I suppose you can get 4 of them and get charging near 360W max.

Back