diy solar

diy solar

Suitable thermostat for heating pads? (Supply voltage)

Maxxim

Have been looking for a thermostat to use with a 12V 4S LiFePo4 battery. Already ordered a couple of W1209 thermostat modules that seems to function as needed. But then I started to think about the supply voltage range. Almost all of these cheap small thermostats has a 12V input. The spec says only 12V. Found a couple of discussions where it was mentioned that the life of the thermostat would be short with higher voltage like 14V, that it doesn't really accept this high voltages. 12V lithium battery goes even higher when charged, up to 14.4 - 14.6V.

Seems that the LM YN DC 12V Digital thermostat module, that someone is using here on the forum, also is spec'd up to 12V. So it feels little bit unreliable to use thermostat modules like this.

Then I found a XY-T01 thermostat module, the spec says supply voltage range DC 6-30V (JZ-T01 model 5-40V), so this could be a more reliable unit? What do you think?

That seems to be just the same as the XY-T01.
Yeah, I guess you are right. Looks the same. I paid more on Amazon, but got it two days later. Looks like the one's on Aliexpress are way cheaper but will take a while for the rowboat to deliver.

Back