diy solar

diy solar

Summary of my battery options from China, lifepo4 3.2v 280ah cells.

Dforster67

Just wanted to share my recent price and other experience getting quotes and chatting with some of the suppliers on Alibaba. Of course they all say the same thing, perfect Grade A, brand new cells, fully tested and matched. and they will all include bus bars and fasteners. Some of them add comments like QR codes intact.

Prices are all very close, except for Amy's, who is about $500 more than the average.

Anyway, I'll probably order 16 this week and get them on the way. I have 16 coming but want to have at least 32 for my 48v battery banks on the skybox.

Comments are welcome!

CompanycellManufacturercostfreighttotalquoted time
Shenzhen Biang16-3.2v 280ah Lifepo4Ruipu
$80.00​
$390​
$1,670.00​
35 working days
Shenzhen Quishou Tech16-3.2v 280ah Lifepo4Eve
$88.00​
$306​
$1,714.00​
45-55 days
Shenzhen Eastar Battery16-3.2v 280ah Lifepo4
$89.00​
$305​
$1,729.00​
Changsha Deligreen power16-3.2v 280ah Lifepo4CATL
$86.50​
$398​
$1,782.00​
60 days
Shenzhen Mushang16-3.2v 280ah Lifepo4Eve
$85.00​
$450​
$1,810.00​
50 days
Alithor New Energy16-3.2v 280ah Lifepo4
$89.00​
$458​
$1,882.00​
35-40 days
Huizhou Ruidejin New E16-3.2v 280ah Lifepo4CATL
$95.00​
$375​
$1,895.00​
30 days
Shenzen Luyuan16-3.2v 280ah Lifepo4Eve
$119.56​
$350​
$2,262.96​
30-45 days

I ordered 8 280Ah from here 6 weeks ago and they're still not with me in UK :( Got a message on 3rd April saying
"Dear friend,your parcel is normal in transit to your country". I suspect that's when they were put on the boat though and not in UK as they would be here now.

$698.64 for 8 cells + $356.89 shipping

Yeah, I think I believe the 50-60 day quotes more than the 30-45. I might go with one of those suppliers just because of their honesty..

but most of them say they can ship them within 2 days. so I don't know if that means they get on the boat in 2 days, or their forwarder picks them up in two days and they sit somewhere for another month..

I chatted with her a little. seems like she's gotten a little "proud" of herself. They are advertising $89 cells on alibaba to lure you in, and then when you talk to them those cells are "out of stock" of course and the new version costs $120.

And I also do not believe her 30 day transit time..

I chatted with her a little. seems like she's gotten a little "proud" of herself. They are advertising $89 cells on alibaba to lure you in, and then when you talk to them those cells are "out of stock" of course and the new version costs $120.

And I also do not believe her 30 day transit time..

I thought Amy was Shenzen Luyuan? Maybe I need to read further....

Thanks for sharing and for the thread. I just went through all of this, found all out the same things and decided to buy 32 cells through Micheal. Done and done.

Thanks for sharing and for the thread. I just went through all of this, found all out the same things and decided to buy 32 cells through Micheal. Done and done.
yes, I am hoping for that too. I am on his list but he is very busy. Hoping to find a place to buy at least 16 on alibaba. I would take up to 48 eventually.

I know a lot of people on here have done it through China on their own, I did used to buy and resell a lot from China so I am fairly comfortable with it would rather not do it but I'll give it a shot. I don't think I've read a case where someone got completely ripped off, just some issues here and there and poor customer service.

Not much data on any of those sellers other than luyaun (amy). Quishou has cells but I couldn't find positive feedback on here for them.

Yeah, that's why I am seeking feedback here. Many have good feedback scores on alibaba, for what that's worth. and they take credit cards.

Alithor is another one that some on here have ordered from, and Mushang. although they didn't get super good reviews..

From what I've seen here, Amy was trying to address some of the concerns here about actual Grade A matched cells. I think she is willing to sell the same thing everyone else has, but the $120 cells are actually grade A from EVE.

I have no direct experience with her, but I don't think she is arbitrarily charging more than everyone else. My guess is all the others are 100% Grade B or lower.

I didn't like the thread on here regarding Mushang. The packing was extremely lacking. There is no way I can order from them with the way they packed the cells. I asked Qishou for what they use for packaging and it's the standard foam like what Basen uses. But the person who started the thread on Qishou, got a mix of cells. Qishou has a new batch so maybe that would not happen now. I'm looking for 32. Qishou is ~$3368 for 32 to my door. Amy will likely be $4300-$4400.

I didn't like the thread on here regarding Mushang. The packing was extremely lacking. There is no way I can order from them with the way they packed the cells. I asked Qishou for what they use for packaging and it's the standard foam like what Basen uses. But the person who started the thread on Qishou, got a mix of cells. Qishou has a new batch so maybe that would not happen now. I'm looking for 32. Qishou is ~$3368 for 32 to my door. Amy will likely be $4300-$4400.
Yes qishou is who I would order from if I ordered myself. Her name is Amy also. She seemed like the most honest one to me.
But there is also a guy who offered to broker them for me and he uses the same person for all his stuff so he trusts them. Sells a lot on eBay and locally. I’ll likely go with him but the only drawback is I have to drive a couple hours to pick them up. He is getting lishuns. Same $80 price range so likely not what Amy has for $120. But is it worth 50% more? I’m not sure.

There you hit the nail on the head - only you can decide how much real, new grade A EVE cells are worth versus high quality grade B cells. Kinda like buying a brand new car, or buying a fairly low miles certified used car, or buying a brand new Apple computer, or a refurb/return. Either might work just fine in your individual application. Good luck and please keep us posted how it goes for you.

I've ordered 8 cells from Quishou on Dec, received in Feb. All were 272 lishen. They widely differed in manufacturing date (based on QR code) and differed in Capacity, but the weakest cells was around 278ah, so can't complain :).
The packaging was good.

Amy's Grade A cells are now $122. Quote from yesterday for 32 to eastern US $4500

Back