diy solar

diy solar

Sunfunkits show their true color

SFK sounds like a bunch of thugs that assume Ray is an easy target.
I will never be buying anything from them.

As in NEVER EVER !

I think Andy’s off grid garage YT channel is still promoting SFK.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Andy they should send Ray’s video to him.

Why would SFK not test the cells themselves with the same tester that most of us have, BEFORE sending them to Ray????? Seems like common sense. I've tested cells from Sanben and Liitokala that were under capacity 5-15aH. Then all from Amy-Luyuan and Hayley-Dongguan Lightning met or exceeded cap. It's not rocket science when you test them all the same exact way. If all of Ray's or my own cell testing from various suppliers showed 275-277aH, then we would be the ones with calibration/testing issues.

As in NEVER EVER !

I think Andy’s off grid garage YT channel is still promoting SFK.

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Andy they should send Ray’s video to him.
i did post a comment under that video

Why would SFK not test the cells themselves with the same tester that most of us have, BEFORE sending them to Ray????? Seems like common sense. I've tested cells from Sanben and Liitokala that were under capacity 5-15aH. Then all from Amy-Luyuan and Hayley-Dongguan Lightning met or exceeded cap. It's not rocket science when you test them all the same exact way. If all of Ray's or my own cell testing from various suppliers showed 275-277aH, then we would be the ones with calibration/testing issues.
SFK has posted their own video now. I don't think they mention @RayfromTX but they try and make some bogus claims:
  1. He claims that the Ah measurements from the EBC-A40L is not accurate because there is some loss in the alligator clips. Wrong. The current is the current. All of the current is going through the entire circuit, even if there is some heat loss in the wire or the clips. There are watts lost because there is a voltage drop, but the current is the current. Basic circuit theory, and he doesn't seem to get that.
  2. He tries to say that what matters is the Wh, and then he gets to whatever Ah he wants by dividing the Wh by whatever voltage he wants. The reason we measure capacity in Ah is because the voltage changes during the entire discharge. Ah is the only way to get a repeatable comparison between cells. Again, basic.
This guy has lost lots of credibility here, first by attacking and threatening Ray, and now by posting a rebuttal video that is filled with flaws.

SFK has posted their own video now. I don't think they mention @RayfromTX but they try and make some bogus claims:
  1. He claims that the Ah measurements from the EBC-A40L is not accurate because there is some loss in the alligator clips. Wrong. The current is the current. All of the current is going through the entire circuit, even if there is some heat loss in the wire or the clips. There are watts lost because there is a voltage drop, but the current is the current. Basic circuit theory, and he doesn't seem to get that.
  2. He tries to say that what matters is the Wh, and then he gets to whatever Ah he wants by dividing the Wh by whatever voltage he wants. The reason we measure capacity in Ah is because the voltage changes during the entire discharge. Ah is the only way to get a repeatable comparison between cells. Again, basic.
This guy has lost lots of credibility here, first by attacking and threatening Ray, and now by posting a rebuttal video that is filled with flaws.
fact..
funny thing is, that tester has been tested quite throughly and found to give the same result as other equipment.

given the remarks i made regarding his other "tests" , assumptions and interactions in the past, this conpany just went complete to the "ignore even if he is last supplier on earth" list

Last edited:
Yep! those guys at Sunfunshits do not know how to use test equipment or understand the test topology. The specification of the cell is rated in Ah, the test data provided by EVE also show the Ah test result.
The EBC-A40L measures the Voltage at the battery terminals not at the load so the Watt consumption calculation is not affected by any wire resistance, but if you have Volt meter at the load then the Watt calculation will only show the load power consumption, the power loss in the wires are not factored in.
If you look at the house utility meter, the Voltmeter is measuring the Voltage at the entrance of the house not at the load, so the meter is showing the total power consumption which is the load (the load can also have small wires, I.E. TV power cable) + wiring of the house which only 14 or 12 Awg compared to large wires from the pole to the meter and to the breaker panel.

Last edited:
To all following this thread,.
Speaking as one of "the Old Timers" who has contributed quite a bit here for everyone's benefit since this forum started.

I watched Andy from the start when he started 'Im sharing this learning experience ' shtick evolve into what it is now. He's a great talker/entertainer but that's the real limit. I and others "who Really know what's what" have replied with corrections,credible verifiable irrefutable FACTS to have it pushed off, ignored etc.

Wisdom is to realize when your faced with a polyester clad used car shlock dealer & RUN.

I CALLED HIM OUT HARD result was threats & repercussions even from here.

I Will Most Likely get smacked for THIS post as well.

Steve

Last edited:
Mental list:

Sun Fun-Never buy
Big Battery-Never buy
Enphase-Never buy-silly warranty terms
Signature Solar-lame but entertaining….and probably, maybe, never buy. But maybe.
Amy(s)/Docan-Maybe. Depends on stock. B grade. Depends on US warehouse. 90% chance it’s ok.
Currentconnected.com-Strong buy.
Arizona Wind and Solar-75 percent good
Santan Solar-90 percent good. Some shipping issues.
Alt E-?
Ive been doing quite a bit with AltE, and they have been great! I would recommend.

Signature... is on the bubble for me. I did order a full pallet of bifacial panels from them as well as some other items, all of which showed up in perfect condition and timely, however the panels were sold as "URE" N-Type 390w, they arrived and are Jollywood P-Type 395w panels.... wasnt happy about that and after several emails back and forth trying to get them to understand they are falsely advertising what they are selling I gave up after their last short/rude reply. Overall, I ended up with very nice panels so thats why Im on the bubble.

Now they posted a new video, now directly regarding Ray

This is just like getting a good series on Netflix...

Basicly: The cells Ray got, are Luyuan cells. Those, according to SFK, which said he checked with Amy, can't fail capacity test, and the testing was wrong. According to SFK, Ray didn't return the cells to verify, they can't verify the results, and because he is affailiated with Docan, the SFK test would fail in all tests for sure.

Last edited:
Now they posted a new video, now directly regarding Ray

This is just like getting a good series on Netflix...

Basicly: The cells Ray got, are Luyuan cells. Those, according to SFK, which said he checked with Amy, can't fail capacity test, and the testing was wrong. According to SFK, Ray didn't return the cells to verify, they can't verify the results, and because he is affailiated with Docan, the SFK test would fail in all tests for sure.
Saw a good suggestion in the comments about Ray allowing the cells to be tested at a mutually agreed independent lab, that would surely put the matter to rest?

Ha! Long video indeed. Somebody archive this.

They ran a background check.

Makes me want to do business with them…NOT.

And he goes over the police report, again.

I hope I never come across as such a tone deaf tool.

What a hugely misguided video.

We need a hall of shame thread. I was going to name it after Big Battery but now they have competition.

Somebody please get him to join the forum.

Ha! Long video indeed. Somebody archive this.

They ran a background check.

Makes me want to do business with them…NOT.

And he goes over the police report, again.

I hope I never come across as such a tone deaf tool.

What a hugely misguided video.

We need a hall of shame thread. I was going to name it after Big Battery but now they have competition.

Somebody please get him to join the forum.
Yeah the background check was clearly a knee jerk reaction. Bad move.

To all following this thread,.
Speaking as one of "the Old Timers" who has contributed quite a bit here for everyone's benefit since this forum started.

I watched Andy from the start when he started 'Im sharing this learning experience ' shtick evolve into what it is now. He's a great talker/entertainer but that's the real limit. I and others "who Really know what's what" have replied with corrections,credible verifiable irrefutable FACTS to have it pushed off, ignored etc.

Wisdom is to realize when your faced with a polyester clad used car shlock dealer & RUN.

I CALLED HIM OUT HARD result was threats & repercussions even from here.

I Will Most Likely get smacked for THIS post as well.

Steve
Just remember Steve, when i first came to this site you were busy telling everyone that cells in parallel could have different voltages.

We can always learn, the longer you are involved the more you see the same misinformation cycle past again.

New players are easily separated from their cash, loud voices and flashy youtube sites are more convincing than actual chemistry or basic logic.

Just remember Steve, when i first came to this site you were busy telling everyone that cells in parallel could have different voltages.

We can always learn, the longer you are involved the more you see the same misinformation cycle past again.

New players are easily separated from their cash, loud voices and flashy youtube sites are more convincing than actual chemistry or basic logic.
Slight difference... I went forward studied & learned more at a cost of thousands from "my pocket" without any YT subsidies or funds and shared that will all for everyone's benefit. Like all the Chargery testing dev and evolutionary development of the DCC's with fellow enthusiast like Craig (former moderator). That is now also coming back as the new "P & B" SERIES' just coming out.

Back