diy solar

diy solar

Sungold panels, who makes them?

rholmes69

Does anyone know who makes the Sungold solar panels? 450 Watts, current sale with free shipping/no tax. $280 a piece means .62222 per watt.....

I was looking at the same deal.Not sure of quality.Price is right + free shipping.No tax.
Must buy 10.

Found a link to the spec sheet, anyone see anything glaring or no Bueno?

Attachments

• 450W.pdf
    387.3 KB · Views: 29
I took a look at some competitive specs of a similar panel (solar ever on signature solar). They look pretty darn similar as far as spec sheets read out. I can live without UL as this is an off-grid critical load setup, I went ahead and ordered 18 panels. Happy to take some close up photos or detail shots when they arrive. Going to be paired with pair of eg4 6500's and a 3 eg4 48v batteries.

I took a look at some competitive specs of a similar panel (solar ever on signature solar). They look pretty darn similar as far as spec sheets read out. I can live without UL as this is an off-grid critical load setup, I went ahead and ordered 18 panels. Happy to take some close up photos or detail shots when they arrive. Going to be paired with pair of eg4 6500's and a 3 eg4 48v batteries.
Any feedback on how the Sungold panels are working out for you?

any updates?

any updates?
Also interested in any updates, they have a nice sale going on.

Also interested in any updates, they have a nice sale going on.
went with these https://www.altestore.com/store/solar-panels/trina-vertex-500w-bifacial-mono-p42618/

Started looking at the pallet deals at other places and compared, the sungold are not any better of a deal. Especially not being UL. I asked, they are CE, but no NRTL(UL).

Sorry all, for some reason notifications were turned off.

I have not installed the panels yet. Sitting in my storage container waiting for some more parts of the project (need to settle on my inverters). this was partially a spend some dollars to get some tax rebate incentive, and of course a time issue of having to schedule with a friend to get a scissor lift and helper since this is a self install and the metal roof is slick. Sorry, I'll update when i can.

I can confirm FedEx freight is terrible. One of the boxes they had put their forks through and trashed two panels. They did it a second time with the replacement panels. Sheesh...

Back