diy solar

diy solar

Sungold split phase 6k hybrid inverter scc review

all the n-g bonds that I'm referring to are external to the unit. They're in breaker boxes. I didn't touch anything in the unit. I don't think I'll have time to do a diagram and I've already left the ranch (where the system is). if I do get time, I'll post it here.
I hope you might clarify the grounding questions here…. I have an automatic switch that manages ac input (grid/generator) to the TP6048. I have kept separate the ground and natural throughout the system. Ultimately I’d like to set the unit up so pv charges battery, battery runs ac 240vac load as long as it can. When required then either take in grid power if available or generator to meet the a. Load the battery can’t handle.

Are you suggesting keeping the g/n separate, or bonding them together somewhere past the inverter ac output?

Everything seems to be working when grid is feeding system. I seem to be having issues when feeding with the generator, but that might be generator output issues.. low voltage on one leg.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I hope you might clarify the grounding questions here…. I have an automatic switch that manages ac input (grid/generator) to the TP6048. I have kept separate the ground and natural throughout the system. Ultimately I’d like to set the unit up so pv charges battery, battery runs ac 240vac load as long as it can. When required then either take in grid power if available or generator to meet the a. Load the battery can’t handle.

Are you suggesting keeping the g/n separate, or bonding them together somewhere past the inverter ac output?

Everything seems to be working when grid is feeding system. I seem to be having issues when feeding with the generator, but that might be generator output issues.. low voltage on one leg.

Any suggestions? Thanks
I'm not an electrician and really don't feel comfortable giving more details here. It feels kinda irresponsible.

My current set up is...

Actual grid connection (no more gene.), battery bank, panels and a single ng bond in the panel at the power pole coming from the grid. After adding the real grid connection I had to remove the other ng bond.

I'm looking into buying this unit since its has the split phase with L1 and L2 without needing a parallel box. Are people still buying this despite the 155w idle draw? Any better models?

I'm looking into buying this unit since its has the split phase with L1 and L2 without needing a parallel box. Are people still buying this despite the 155w idle draw? Any better models?
It seems the only viable alternatives are stacked 6548s, Growatts, or expensive tier 1. Seems to be a handful of happy customers of this unit and a handful of pissed off customers of this unit as well lol. Makes me wonder how much is because of initial firmware set up lack of clarity

Back