diy solar

diy solar

Sungoldpower 48v 4KW Inverter/Charger troubleshooting

CarlCruzin

I'm having issues with my system not charging up the batteries all the way. I suspect it has something to do with the inverter/charger, however their support I believe is in china and I have had very delayed communication with them so I wanted to run it by you guys to see if you have ideas. They don't have a very technically descriptive manual so I am unable to troubleshoot further on my own

Equipment:
2x Gyll 48v 100ah server rack batteries ran in parallel, less than 10 cycles
Sungoldpower 48v 4kw Inverter/charger. Integrated 40a charger, set to bulk/fast charge at max amps until voltage of 57.6v, float at 55.2v
Thornwave Powermon, battery monitoring

Problem:
- Charger is stopping before it reaches 57.6v, battery state of charge is showing either 2/4 or 3/4. Inverter shows "Standby"
- Powermon data logging shows the that during the fast charge mode, it was supplying 30-35A until the voltage reached 54.107v, at which time it stopped charging and has since been depleting power, I'm assuming from the inverter standby consumption.

Another unusual observance, after it did this a day prior, I left it alone and the next morning I checked it and it was fast charging. Later that day the batteries showed full charge and it showed it was in float mode.

I'm having issues with my system not charging up the batteries all the way. I suspect it has something to do with the inverter/charger, however their support I believe is in china and I have had very delayed communication with them so I wanted to run it by you guys to see if you have ideas. They don't have a very technically descriptive manual so I am unable to troubleshoot further on my own

Equipment:
2x Gyll 48v 100ah server rack batteries ran in parallel, less than 10 cycles
Sungoldpower 48v 4kw Inverter/charger. Integrated 40a charger, set to bulk/fast charge at max amps until voltage of 57.6v, float at 55.2v
Thornwave Powermon, battery monitoring

Problem:
- Charger is stopping before it reaches 57.6v, battery state of charge is showing either 2/4 or 3/4. Inverter shows "Standby"
- Powermon data logging shows the that during the fast charge mode, it was supplying 30-35A until the voltage reached 54.107v, at which time it stopped charging and has since been depleting power, I'm assuming from the inverter standby consumption.

Another unusual observance, after it did this a day prior, I left it alone and the next morning I checked it and it was fast charging. Later that day the batteries showed full charge and it showed it was in float mode.
What are the cut off values for the BMS's?
I'd guess your spiking above the 3.6v/cell you set the charger at, or a cell is out of balance.

I had a similar problem with sungold 6548 inverter only charging to 65% +/-.
I reset the battery type from 3rd party lithium to User defined, which enabled me to configure (OK, play with) charge settings until I got them to cut off at aprx. 100%

Back