diy solar

diy solar

SunGoldPower solar panels?

constantspeed

Will Prowse recommends the Rich solar 400W panels, and I have a few of their 200w panels and have no complaints. But current promotional sale pricing has Rich Solar 400W panels, Qty of 10 for $4,800, and free shipping = $1.20/watt. SunGoldPower is listing a 415W panel, qty of 10 for $2,575 = $.62/watt, and free shipping, no sales tax. This is half the cost of Rich solar. SunGoldPower also has a 450W panel, free shipping, no tax, qty. of 10 for $2,685 = $.59/watt.

As much as I like Rich Solar, it is hard to ignore this price difference, especially on solar panels. What am I missing? New, large solar panels all seem relatively well made with similar performance, so why pay extra? If we were talking about inverters/electronics, I would be more concerned regarding quality and support, but solar panels? Change my mind.

Will Prowse recommends the Rich solar 400W panels, and I have a few of their 200w panels and have no complaints. But current promotional sale pricing has Rich Solar 400W panels, Qty of 10 for $4,800, and free shipping = $1.20/watt. SunGoldPower is listing a 415W panel, qty of 10 for $2,575 = $.62/watt, and free shipping, no sales tax. This is half the cost of Rich solar. SunGoldPower also has a 450W panel, free shipping, no tax, qty. of 10 for $2,685 = $.59/watt.

As much as I like Rich Solar, it is hard to ignore this price difference, especially on solar panels. What am I missing? New, large solar panels all seem relatively well made with similar performance, so why pay extra? If we were talking about inverters/electronics, I would be more concerned regarding quality and support, but solar panels? Change my mind.
SunGoldPower 450W solar panel seems like a better choice based on the price and performance. In terms of solar panel quality and performance, many panels from different manufacturers are relatively similar. It's important to check the technical specifications and ensure that the panel meets your specific needs, but beyond that, the brand name does not always make a significant difference.

Perfect, thank you for the replies. I have similar thoughts that many of the solar panels from different name brands are actually the same panels re-branded or have minor differences, with similar quality and features to most. So would rather pay half. Yes, size, fit, and specifications all matter, but if those are all within the project specs, that I cannot see a good reason to pay more.

I purchased 8 Sungoldpower 415W panels, which were shipped from California to Vermont - all were packaged very well on pallets and arrived without any damage. Each is operating to spec. I would definitely purchase again. However, I will say their tech support is horrible. I am not sure how they can know so little about the products they sell.

However, I will say their tech support is horrible. I am not sure how they can know so little about the products they sell.
They know absolutely nothing about their products, they have to call a little man on the other side of the earth and ask him questions. Of course there might be a 12-hour time difference too.
Someone here had problems with buying panels from them and getting the runaround.
I have bought from them and sales were fine and technical support was terrible, like many other cheap things from far away places it's good if you get lucky.

I got 8 of the Sunpower 415w panels and they seem fine. FEDEX shipped them and they arrived when they said they would. All tested fine and have been up on my camper for a couple weeks now. They were well packed. Where the camper is I don't get a lot of sun. However on a sunny day the front 4 were putting out over 1300w. Now I should get max out of them as I just got done tilting them for better sun. Even a cloudy day like today I got 76w less than the day before so tilting them did help a lot. Before tilting them on a cloudy day I was lucky to 3000w for the day. Now if the trees would lose their leaves I'd be in great shape lol.

I ordered 4 Sungoldpower 450w panels last month and they arrived via Fedex in about ~2 weeks, no issues whatsoever with the entire process. I've already seen a peak of 1720W and they usually hum along mid-day at 1600W without spending too much time alignment-wise. Pleasantly surprised so far!

Back