• Rated Voltage Vmpp: 54.7 V
  • Open Circuit Voltage Voc 64.2 V
3050000 Watts
Price is $105,000 neg

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 106
Anyone here interested in going in on these? I don't need all of them under any circumstances but if I know I have a few people who will buy some I'll consider buying them all.

That's about 16 semi truck loads of solar panels. The tile format is odd/non standard.

Yeah its a large quantity. When you look a little closer the "asking price" is $440k but it is an auction. This is still pretty cheap per watt compared to buying 50 panels even from a wholesaler.

I'd be good to go with 60 of them. ??

10,000 might melt something.:cool:

Hi Jason, Cool. I'll stay on this. I liked your discussion on using pipe for bus bars.

These 305W T5s are for sure not the latest and greatest.

I'll readily concede that I'm new to solar and will probably end up with a couple of the dreaded Frankenstein systems. But they will produce and store 10x the power I need and cost me 35% of the cost of buying a "complete system". And I'll learn a helluva lot (hopefully some of it before spending too much). My thinking is you either pay the money, or you do some work. I'll do the work any day.

Aloha

Hi Jason, Cool. I'll stay on this. I liked your discussion on using pipe for bus bars.

These 305W T5s are for sure not the latest and greatest.

I'll readily concede that I'm new to solar and will probably end up with a couple of the dreaded Frankenstein systems. But they will produce and store 10x the power I need and cost me 35% of the cost of buying a "complete system". And I'll learn a helluva lot (hopefully some of it before spending too much). My thinking is you either pay the money, or you do some work. I'll do the work any day.

Aloha
If these panels degrade like pretty much any others new at 305w, and ~2% the first year and 0.7% a year thereafter, that means there should be about 280 w(p) now. (Assuming 10 years old)

Still VERY usable and at this price, very affordable.

305New
198.00%298.9
297.31%296.8
396.63%294.7
495.96%292.7
595.28%290.6
694.62%288.6
793.96%286.6
893.30%284.6
992.64%282.6
1092.00%280.6
1191.35%278.6
1290.71%276.7

For scale these 10,000 panels equal 1/3 the output potential, of this one wind turbine!

From Discover on Google https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/worlds-largest-floating-wind-turbine-connected

Interesting to know this. The 10,000 panels are something one of us could practically buy, and split with others. The big wind turbines are usable but it takes a pretty big operation to buy and use one - I see a few in California, but I'm sure the permitting process would take longer than the rest of my life. The relatively low key aspect of solar has a lot to be said for it.

Interesting to know this. The 10,000 panels are something one of us could practically buy, and split with others. The big wind turbines are usable but it takes a pretty big operation to buy and use one - I see a few in California, but I'm sure the permitting process would take longer than the rest of my life. The relatively low key aspect of solar has a lot to be said for it.
Also, the company that developed the project, only has a 1.2% stake in it!

Did you get any mounting equipment with these? Or know where to get any?
Aluminum - Unirac, Ironridge
Steel - Unistrut, Superstrut
Wood - pressure treated lumber
Ballast - paver stones, plastic, sand

There is no limit to the types and ways that you can mount panels.

These particular models have built in racking, but I can’t find the bolts to lock them together.thats what I was referring to. Thanks though!

Did you get any mounting equipment with these? Or know where to get any?

Bumping this up. I’m looking at some of these panels as well. I do like the built in rack and would love to see what people have done to mount them.

You don't mount them, they are Ballast mount. They just lay there on the surface with basically blocks of cement holding them in place.

Back