diy solar

diy solar

Sunsynk RS485 to laptop. What hardware & software needed?

Fingers

I don't do wifi, nor want to hook my inverter up to the internet, but occasionally may want to look at what it's doing on a laptop.

So what am I looking for, RS485 to usb or ethernet / lan?
As well as the wifi RS485, there is a RS485 ethernet socket in the inverter, apparently for a meter, anyone used this for a laptop etc?

And what software is available?

I don't do wifi, nor want to hook my inverter up to the internet, but occasionally may want to look at what it's doing on a laptop.

So what am I looking for, RS485 to usb or ethernet / lan?
As well as the wifi RS485, there is a RS485 ethernet socket in the inverter, apparently for a meter, anyone used this for a laptop etc?

And what software is available?
solar assistant, ether via rs485 on the bms port, or direct serial.
the meter port can only be used for a ct replacing load meter

not familiar with any additional software that works from a linux / windows machine outside of some github projects that pull same info at SA.

btw, do keep your wifi around, as these inverter get issue fixing firmware on a regular basis that will only be pushed through their wifi.

It needs a Raspberry pi mini Linux computer (Sinclair ZX 80 look alike), which apparently is hard to get. Not that I'm going to try.

I have used Linux before, no button that says "Install" etc, not when you can use a command prompt to enter a load of gibberish and look like a mad professor. An open raspberry pi circuit board completes the I'm taking over the world look :) whooaa!

What ever happened to simplicity :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info.

It needs a Raspberry pi mini Linux computer (Sinclair ZX 80 look alike), which apparently is hard to get. Not that I'm going to try.

I have used Linux before, no button that says "Install" etc, not when you can use a command prompt to enter a load of gibberish and look like a mad professor. An open raspberry pi circuit board completes the I'm taking over the world look :) whooaa!

What ever happened to simplicity :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info.
simplicity would be to simply use their wifi dongle, the rest would fall under the diy realm

Back