diy solar

diy solar

Super cheap cells on Aliexpress

But folks queuing up to say that they are way too cheap and I deserve to be ripped off if I were to take the seller up on their offer. No one has any detail on what the scam may consist of.
As others have said, we can't tell you exactly what type of scam will happen to you. Some scams that I believe have been reported here on the forum:
  1. Cells that are way less Ah than advertised, and usually inconsistent across the cells purchased.
  2. Damaged and/or bulging cells that have clearly been not only used but abused.
  3. Cells that never get delivered, but the store manufactures a fake delivery history to show they did get delivered. It seem Aliexpress just accepts the fake evidence and the buyer is out the money.
  4. Cells that otherwise are OK, but not what was advertised. An example is all the 320Ah cells that are for sale, even though no manufacturers do 320Ah. These are 304Ah cells that the sell - when pushed - says generally provide more like 320Ah of capacity. Not as bad as the other cases, but still false advertising.
If you persist and want to try it, please report back here. Maybe you can provide a #5!

You want to know what the scam is? Send $100 US to my PayPal account [as a gift] and I will let you know.

I also have some solid gold bars for sale soon. As soon as the paint dries. Half the price anyone else has on the market.

You want to know what the scam is? Send $100 US to my PayPal account [as a gift] and I will let you know.

I also have some solid gold bars for sale soon. As soon as the paint dries. Half the price anyone else has on the market.
Weird

As others have said, we can't tell you exactly what type of scam will happen to you. Some scams that I believe have been reported here on the forum:
  1. Cells that are way less Ah than advertised, and usually inconsistent across the cells purchased.
  2. Damaged and/or bulging cells that have clearly been not only used but abused.
  3. Cells that never get delivered, but the store manufactures a fake delivery history to show they did get delivered. It seem Aliexpress just accepts the fake evidence and the buyer is out the money.
  4. Cells that otherwise are OK, but not what was advertised. An example is all the 320Ah cells that are for sale, even though no manufacturers do 320Ah. These are 304Ah cells that the sell - when pushed - says generally provide more like 320Ah of capacity. Not as bad as the other cases, but still false advertising.
If you persist and want to try it, please report back here. Maybe you can provide a #5!
Ok. So either reduced capacity cells or some kind of delivery fraud. Reduced capacity cells I can accept. As long as they aren't dangerous. The delivery fraud I will have to consider.

Thanks. I didn't see anyone else answering the question ?

Ok. So either reduced capacity cells or some kind of delivery fraud. Reduced capacity cells I can accept. As long as they aren't dangerous. The delivery fraud I will have to consider.

The two cases you quote are my #4 (reduced capacity cells) or #3 (delivery fraud). Cells that have inconsistent capacity over the set (#1) are really hard to put into a useful pack, and damaged cells (#2) shouldn't even be used unless it is only minor bulging (which isn't what I was talking about).

I should also say that these "StoreNNNNNNN" (where NNNNNNN is some random number so they can disappear and reappear later with a new number) are pretty clever, and the type and depth of rip-off may be none of the above, but just as offensive.

As others have pointed out, you would do well to either buy from the few reputable places that are mentioned on the forum (none of which are on AliExpress, as far as I can tell), or wait until you have enough money to do so. Going really cheap for a deal that is clearly too good to be true means that you will probably either never get usable cells, or will have to replace them in short order.

I can see the confusion. It says "per piece" where 1 piece is "4 PCS". Just a translation thing I suppose.
Did you get an actual quotation from someone with that pricing? I read it as 4 is the order quantity of individual pieces.

Do not hesitate to give us feedback on your purchase and test experience.

I can tell you that it's complicated to get your money back if you don't have your cells, even if you pay with paypal.

Did you get an actual quotation from someone with that pricing? I read it as 4 is the order quantity of individual pieces.
That's not how Aliexpress works. You're thinking of Alibaba where you get a quotation

Back