diy solar

diy solar

Support for Solar Assistant

Redacted

Is there a support forum of any type for Solar Assistant? It is working 99% but it seems to be allowing my battery to drop more than I have set it too, then by evening my battery is down and the grid has to charge it. Not and ideal solution.

I see there is an email address and a facebook page but nothing stated for support.

Pierre the owner does reply to emails and offers support. Just keep in mind it may be a few days before he gets back to you.
Try this email: info@solar-assistant.io

Is there a support forum of any type for Solar Assistant? It is working 99% but it seems to be allowing my battery to drop more than I have set it too, then by evening my battery is down and the grid has to charge it. Not and ideal solution.
Post your settings. Maybe we can spot something.

I am not sure what has happened but it seems to be working now, my battery never got below 80% before dusk and not under 9 after sundown. I still need to tune the final settings but so far it is working! we will see how the next few days go. lots of sun luckily.

Is there a way in solar assistant to leave one battery full all the time and use another for load ? I only have one for now but that would be optimal for my usecase.

Pierre the owner does reply to emails and offers support. Just keep in mind it may be a few days before he gets back to you.
Try this email: info@solar-assistant.io
Thanks I will keep that in mind!

Is there a way in solar assistant to leave one battery full all the time and use another for load ? I only have one for now but that would be optimal for my usecase.
The only way to leave a battery full is to disconnect it from the load. SA can't direct a single battery to do that but you can use other automations to do that based on the data SA supplies, e.g. via Node Red or Home Assistant to control a suitably rated relay and contactor for connection/disconnection of a battery.

The only way to leave a battery full is to disconnect it from the load. SA can't direct a single battery to do that but you can use other automations to do that based on the data SA supplies, e.g. via Node Red or Home Assistant to control a suitably rated relay and contactor for connection/disconnection of a battery.
That is feasible I have been using home assistant for long while now. I'll set up a tasmota relay between the two! Thanks for the idea

Back