diy solar

diy solar

Surrey residential install advice

kiwilad

Hi,
Given the huge increase in electric and gas costs here in the uk I’m going to do an install on a house in Surrey but need some advice.
I have a large managed in the SW facing garden which get decent sun from around 11am daily depending on the time of the year but as it’s a low angle roof and corrugated iron I will be able to install 0x 375w Canadian solar or JA solar panels which I’m about to order. I’ve also managed to get 12 deep cycle 6v batteries to cover store some of the generated power.
My setup is the consumer units in the house and a small consumer unit in the shed which covers the hot tub, uf heating but that’s fed from one of the consumer units inside the main house. I’m planning on mounting the battery bank outside the shed under cover but there is a 12 distance from where they will be mounted along with the panels pretty much directly above them. Do I need to worry if the distance is that far from the consumer unit ? I am looking at the Growatt investor but where is best to mount this ? Also I would like to use the Growatt controller that heats the hot water via an dual usage immersion element element as they seem to suggest it will determine surplus energy and preheat the water when needed.
Any advice as to what else I get to manage the system this was for a modest 4 bed semi detached house greatly appreciated as the cost of powering/heating the house looks like it will be £4500 per year so my solar investment should see a payback pretty quickly fingers crossed.
Thanks in advance.

Back