diy solar

diy solar

Switch BMS

danelo616

hello,

I need to connect a switch to turn the BMS on and off from a 48V battery pack

Does anyone know how to connect this switch and what type it has to be?

There are:

Momentary self-reset or Fixed self-locking.

The BMS I want to control has 2 wires that I think work at 12 V that the board controls to open or close according to the parameters.

It is also important that once the switch is pressed the relay remains on and also in case the BMS wants to close the contact that this switch does not interfere with the disconnection.

Thank You!

The relay has 2 wires that go to the BMS board.

I want to put in parallel this switch to close or open the relay and this way I can cut the current of the battery or "turn it on".

Do you have a circuit breaker already in the line? A fuse? If not, you should. If you have a fuse, a circuit breaker would accomplish exactly the same thing. That would isolate the battery from the system as well.

If you're dead set on your idea, you can probably simply install a switch on the (+) line to toggle that relay.

Do you have a circuit breaker already in the line? A fuse? If not, you should. If you have a fuse, a circuit breaker would accomplish exactly the same thing. That would isolate the battery from the system as well.

If you're dead set on your idea, you can probably simply install a switch on the (+) line to toggle that relay.
I haven't installed anything yet.

What kind of fuse do you mean?

I was asking if anyone has done it and has a scheme ... because the switch comes with 4 wires, 2 are to power the led and 2 to connect or disconnect the relay

Deactivating a BMS to cut power to a system is not typical. I wouldn't choose to do it for "aesthetic" reasons. I would simply put a breaker in the (+) line (you need a breaker or a fuse anyway) and isolate the battery that way.

Back