diy solar

diy solar

Switching To Lithium in Camper???

70% by the morning light.
With 200aH of Li, and at 70% discharge until first light, with good sun the batteries are back up to 100% by noon!
200Ah of lithium is twice the usable power as 200Ah of lead acid or agm. But it appears you are saying they performed the same and I was curious as to your reasons for that. Did you add more loads?

I'm still confiused by what you are asking. My AGM supply was two 110aH batteries with 220aH total and 110aH usable at 50% SOC. The two 100aH lithium batteries give be about 180 usable aH with a 10% SOC.
My loads have not changed at all. Still the same, TVs, Computer, Cell Booster, Kureg coffee, toaster, lights....

110aH usable at 50% SOC. The two 100aH lithium batteries give be about 180 usable aH with a 10% SOC.
Exactly. That was what I was trying to fathom. Performance shouldn’t be equal.

No never mind- glad you had a successful upgrade and are pleased with it.

Last edited:
I have a PD4635V so when I converted from FLA to LFP earlier this year I did the following:
- I moved the jumper to the LI position to get the constant 14.6V
- I disconnected the positive charge lead from the DC fuse board and connected it to the Alternator Input of my DC to DC converter. (a Renogy DCC30S that supports dual inputs of Solar Panels and Alternator).

The DCC30S has an LFP charging profile as well as a fully user defined profile so it takes care of charging the LFP battery regardless of input Solar Panel, Alternator or Shore Power via the charging lead from the PD4635.

It has worked great for the last 6 months.

Back