diy solar

diy solar

System design help for grid tie hybrid with diy battery please

OldDefender

Hi all. I currently have this setup: 6kw solar panels with 6KW Fronuis Gen24 single phase Hybrid inverter. I wanted storage from day one but could only afford the main system to begin with. One year on and I asked my electrician about adding batteries. Then came the shock, only BYD batteries can be used with the Gen24 and are about €1000 per KW. This. is WAY too expensive.

I have had a rethink and want to sell my inverter and buy a different make and use 4x Tesla model S modules at 6.3kw each. If I connect them 2S2P I get 25.2kw of storage at 45.6v - these I have bought for only €3000. They have their own BMS's but I assume that they would need a master BMS?

Does anyone know a good Hybrid inverter (minimum 6KW) single phase that can be integrated into this?

I am really struggling with this as my electrical knowledge is about zero.

I have had a good look at other threads but can't find one that answers my question but feel free to point me in the right direction if I am going over old discussions/solutions.

I am in Italy so sourcing products from Europe would be best if possible.

Thanks!!

I have had a rethink and want to sell my inverter and buy a different make and use 4x Tesla model S modules at 6.3kw each. If I connect them 2S2P I get 25.2kw of storage at 45.6v - these I have bought for only €3000. They have their own BMS's but I assume that they would need a master BMS?

Does anyone know a good Hybrid inverter (minimum 6KW) single phase that can be integrated into this?

I am really struggling with this as my electrical knowledge is about zero.
With all due respect, integrating EV batteries, which are not as safe as LiFePO4's and have different voltage characteristics, is not a project that should be taken on lightly (for the safety of them and those around them) and even more so if their "electrical knowledge is about zero".

Back