diy solar

diy solar

T-Fuse and Battery cut off switch warm/hot

Just ran it again for 15min, and it averaged around 90a, went as high as 100a but just for a few seconds.

It would seem that your system is fine then. Your battery disconnect switch should be OK since it is rated for 275 amps unless it is defective or has bad connections.

I would still double check and clean the connections that are getting significantly warmer than the rest since that is often a sign of a bad connection.

I always use 99.9% isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean all surfaces of electrical contact before reassembly.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CGJV5FR

Be sure and torque connections to specs with an inch pound torque wrench. The specs are usually found with the data/spec sheet. If not contact the manufacture.

My connections for the battery disconnect switch and T-Fuse were torqued to 130 in-lbs. and that was under spec. Spec was 140 in-lbs. for battery disconnect and 190 for T-fuse. Your specs maybe different.

If the problem still exist rewire the hot section with new wire and connectors. The best wire to use is welding Wire.
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LIB5W4Y

Also use good quality wire cable lugs.
www.amazon.com/dp/B074P5B5HY

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help! Mine were not torqued correctly, and it says upto 190 in/lb, that was remedied. I still have one connection that unfortunately I need to take it all apart for on the inside of the lynx. You know their designers/engineers are great at Victron, but, why make it so you have to take something totally apart to un screw it from the wall... why... (just had to vent on that design flaw)

The " Best" wire and cable for direct current is Marine Grade tinned copper stranded wire.

The " Best" wire and cable for direct current is Marine Grade tinned copper stranded wire.
I agree, but in some cases the extra cost exceeds the benefit. As far as I know, there is no efficiency gained compared to untinned wire.

I prefer DLO especially for mobile applications, it is very tough wire with great bending radius.

DLO

I prefer DLO especially for mobile applications, it is very tough wire with great bending radius.

DLO

I have been in electronics many years and never heard of DLO (Diesel Locomotive) cable. I looked it up and it is very impressive cable, but does come at a cost.
I will add that to my tool kit of knowledge for possible wire to use depending on application.

Back