diy solar

diy solar

Tap into the load port from CC? Or not?

Tyler702

Desert dweller, quiet prepper
I'm adding a 12v led light string to my back patio from my 24V setup in the garage. About 50ft of weatherproof led strings along the underside of the patio. My question is, can I simply tap into the load port on my epever tracer 40A and just leave the load turned on all the time? My potential setup would be:
CC load > 24V-12V20A converter >12V RF on/off switch (to turn on/off patio lights with a clicker) to the led string. Is this acceptable? Or best to run it from the main + / - distribution blocks with a fuse in there somewhere?
Thx
Tyler

The load ports provide battery voltage and tend to give you additional options. You can typically program them for LVD and timers. If you don't need the extra features, there's not a lot of point, but it's kinda whatever you care to do.

I guess my concern is the protection of the CC..in the event of some kind of short or unforeseen issue with my converter to led's. Pulling power directly from the CC as opposed to bypassing it, and pulling from the distribution blocks. Like, if there's a short with my lighting, would that fry the CC? Or is there isolated circuitry in the CC for just the load port?

Back