diy solar

diy solar

Tell Growatt not to use utility for all output?

solarstuff

I've asked to his Q a few different ways but I'm still not getting an answer that makes sense to me:

With a full 200a battery bank, my Growatt AC/INV light instantly stops flashing (battery mode) & goes solid (utility mode) when I start my 1100w microwave.

The battery bank is full so what setting will control when to switch from PV less aggressively?

OR does the switch of dotted lines from solar to line icon NOT indicate utility has taken over powering the load completely? Is that what BYPASS means?

20210829_183814.jpg20210829_184038.jpg

Last edited:
What is the Growatt model number?
Is the 1100W microwave cooking power power or consumption power? Consumption power will be much higher than cooking power.

What is the Growatt model number?
Is the 1100W microwave cooking power power or consumption power? Consumption power will be much higher than cooking power.
Do you mean surge power or running power? 10 Amps @120 volts but I dont know surge (but the battery bank ran the microwave fine previously in a 12v/400a configuration).

No Growatt setting changed, but I fixed issue by turning off the AC in circuit breaker. Temporarily.

As soon as I used the microwave on utility, it worked for the rest of the morning on PV/batt even after switching utility back on.

Then, after lunch, the util hogged output again (with batt still at 26.8).

It's kind of funny...and very frustrating. Arg.

that is very odd. i am getting the same unit very shortly. i will be using a 24v 280ah lifepo4 battery though.

Decided to put a smart plug behind the ac in to kill shore power. I have to do that in order to use much of my battery.

Maybe I'm still missing a load threshold setting somewhere but I've searched exhaustively.

Other than this disappointment, the Growatt works as expected. But mostly defaulting to shore power.

Check your "back to utility" setting, if it's a little high, then the surge take the voltage below "back to utility" set voltage, Joe.

Check your "back to utility" setting, if it's a little high, then the surge take the voltage below "back to utility" set voltage, Joe.
How low, do you think? I have it at 24.4v (50%) but under load I know the discharge percentage isn't accurate.

Should I set it lower to 24.3v which is technically 45%?

1100w load at 26v is 42 amps not counting the surge, to just try it, set it for 23v and switch on MW, that will tell you what's wrong. You can put a good volt meter at the input to growatt to see how low it drops while turning on.

1100w load at 26v is 42 amps not counting the surge, to just try it, set it for 23v and switch on MW, that will tell you what's wrong. You can put a good volt meter at the input to growatt to see how low it drops while turning on.
Couldn't get it down to 23v lol.
Volt meter is barely a .1v off the Growatt display, so that's good.
Not good: again I can't reset min voltage from 24.4v.
May try resetting.
The Growatt is all around great but a tad frustrating with settings.

Back