diy solar

diy solar

Temco Lug Crimping Tool

See it now. Did you get it as a kit or put it together yourself?

I see the TemCo 2/0 plated lugs - they are $2/ea on Temco’s website but only about half that in packs of 20 through eBay (if you trust that they are the same).

Thanks to this thread I think I’ll be going with TemCo for all of my lugs...

I put it together. I couldn't keep track of all the bags of lugs I had.

I've bought TEMCo lugs from their website as well as from Amazon. Same packaging, lugs looked the same. Quantity discounts are available on the TEMCo site I believe.

See it now. Did you get it as a kit or put it together yourself?

I see the TemCo 2/0 plated lugs - they are $2/ea on Temco’s website but only about half that in packs of 20 through eBay (if you trust that they are the same).

Thanks to this thread I think I’ll be going with TemCo for all of my lugs...
I’ve heard windy nation are good:

25 UL listed 4/0 copper lugs with heat shrink for ~$42.

Agreed and understood.

And this 10-ton unit I’m testing now rated for crimping 12AWG to 2/0AWG only cost me $30: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08SBYZN9V?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

(And came with 9 die: 4, 6, 8, 10, 16, 25, 35, 50, and 70)

Somebody's undercutting the undercutters.

This one cost me $65 (give or take, different year, might have used a coupon), and I've done 2 awg stranded THHN (got wings) and 2/0 fine-strand welding cable (not so bad)

Everybody has the Chinese hydraulic crimp tools with changable dies for around $60. Color me skeptical, but I wonder how well these actually work.

I was reseaching crimpers and found this Temco crimp tool. No dies, you dial in the desired amount of crimp to suit your particular crimp lug and wire diameter. I love the video about Tempco's return/repair policy too. Has anyone used one of these? Do they work and hold up?

They have a couple of other heavier duty models if you need to deal with bigger lugs than 0000.

The crimp quality looks excellent.

View attachment 15819
I bought TEMCo's hydraulic indent crimper, the TH1818. It's relatively new, and not well covered on their website, but it's great to use and creates good looking crimps. It combines the best of the their TH0020 long handle indent crimper and size and ease of a hydraulic crimper.

Recommended!

Back