diy solar

diy solar

Temp. Prob on battery

Rhodeisland

What is the best way to attach temp. Prob. Onto top of SOK battery? The prob runs from mppt .

What does the probe look like? Any mounting holes (to go on the terminal)? I've had a lot of battery temp probes that were just attached with double sided tape.

It’s about 1 1/2 inches long and about 3/16 round. Wire coming out of end which goes to mppt. Nothing on top of battery to mount to . Need some way to fasten to flat top of metal battery case. Wonder if hot glue to top ? Any idea.

If it's one of those tubular type of probes, I would just tape in on with a piece of gorilla tape.

Thank you for your that information. There was nothing about hat in the instructions.
seem that is an important fact that should have been in them.

Keep the temp probe so you can monitor battery temps, just shut off the temp corrections IRT charging. it depends upon the type of cells you have older winston or calb types i would place it between the cells in the pack newer smooth calbs or the current EVE style batteries I would kapton tape it to the top in the center of the pack.

Back