diy solar

diy solar

Terminal Block Supplier???

Rocketman

Solar Wizard
Hello everyone,

I am working on plans for the accessories around my BMS on my MotorHome. One idea I am pursuing is using Terminal Blocks for all these connections. (I have never used Terminal Blocks - but have seen them in all kinds of places - including in my MotorHome). They will use less room that the Blue Sea fuse blocks I was considering. (and could be cheaper).

I am looking for a vender that sells high quality blocks by the eaches (I don't need a packs of 100). I prefer high quality American or European products (many time when I buy cheaper Chinese products - I regret it). Since I consider these connections Mission Critical - I don't mind purchasing quality.

The Plans:
3 fused Terminal Blocks (always on) 3A to 4A)
5 fused Terminal Blocks (switched together) (3A to 10A)
4 Terminal Blocks (tied together for negative wires)
1 Switch (if I can find it - only needs to be 5a)
(plus the end plates, bridges, and partitions.

Thanks for your ideas.

Rocketman

Maybe I should have wrote Din Terminal Blocks.

Like These

Dinkle.JPG

In addition to the the plain terminal blocks in the picture, there are ones that are fuse holders. I am hoping someone who uses these professionally (i.e. like an industrial electrician) can point me to a place where I can purchase exactly the quantity I want. I think this will help me avoid a rat's nest of electrical wires.

This will be for a bunch of new accessories around my new eight Lishen 270ah cells (2P4S) Batteries that are controlled by the Batrium BMS.
Fused Power for the BMS
Fuse for Relays
Fans (for cooling)
Heat Pad
Lights around the Batteries (to show off them off - cause they will look good! (I hope).

All of this stuff will go into the spot that the old lead acid batteries were in. So space is tight.

I used these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DY73N2C

High voltage (good), low amperage (not so good). The black material that makes up the block is a bit brittle. I had one block that arrived broken. Once installed, they weren't a problem.

Blocks on a DIN rail might have been easier to work with in my compartment. The fused terminal blocks on DIN rail that I could find (hard to come by) are quite expensive.

I found some fused terminal blocks in a pack of 10 ( I need 8). (Just over $2 each).

My problem is the other terminal blocks - I need four to six and they come in a 50 pack, plus the ends and bridges are the same way - I need a couple & pack size is large.

Back