diy solar

diy solar

TESLA LiFePO4 Batteries on AMAZON!! (ya, ok, right)

nifty-stuff.com

So, I was recently watching Will's great new milk-crate video (below) and saw that he's using this battery (his link from the video)
Battery $359 https://amzn.to/2YqeTjW

Will does a great job reviewing his batteries, and I was expecting more details, links, or even videos regarding the battery he used, but I couldn't find a thing on youtube, his site, or here. :(

So, while I was on amazon, looking at that battery, I was also shown this one:

I didn't think much of it until I saw this comment in the reviews:

1612126689571.png

Wait, what?!?!? Tesla LiFePO4 batteries made in the China Gigafactory for CHEAP $$$ on Amazon!?!?!?

I mean, we are supposed to believe everything we read on the internet, right? RIGHT!?!?! ;)

So, aside from how funny that is, I have a serious question:

Is there more info about the battery that @Will Prowse is using in his milk-cart build? Like I said, he's usually REALLY diligent about testing something out before showing / linking to it.

That battery ad, RUN don't walk !
CATL is making the Tesla LFP's for the Chinese Models.
Tesla is also pondering making LFP's in their Gigafactories but LATER down the road IF required.
They are using their Sub-Contractors for these at this time.

Disclosure, I am Tesla Long and have been since 2013, and as such I keep a VERY Sharp Eye on Tesla and their doings.

That battery ad, RUN don't walk !
Yup, 100% agree!!! ;)

I know Will has done a lot of reviews of the "cheap" (poor quality) battery packs out there, and very few meet his muster.

So, I guess that's why I was / am VERY surprised that he did that milk crate LiFePo4 battery video, and used / linked to that random Ampere Time (Amperetime) battery that I don't think he's mentioned / discussed before???

Back