diy solar

diy solar

Tess Electric?

So I ran into these on eBay... https://www.ebay.com/itm/401939463064?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true

Seems like a decent buy for a new battery, and good specs, but I'm new at all this. Any thoughts?
12V 100AH Lithium LiFeP04 Battery
$700 shipped is not such a great deal for an unknown battery with missing spec details.
New seller on ebay with no history of selling these batteries.

Wires on the listing look undersized with substandard construction.

1586478356812.png

Last edited:
12V 100AH Lithium LiFeP04 Battery
$700 shipped is not such a great deal for an unknown battery with missing spec details.
New seller on ebay with no history of selling these batteries.

Wires on the listing look undersized with substandard construction.

View attachment 10680
This is my first time to interact with these blogs... pls forgive me.

I bought and currently using a Tess Electric 100ah 12v battery. I am pleased with it but learning this as I go. I have more than enough power for refrigerator, lights, and making coffee in the morning! Thought about buying another to see if I can run my AC in the evening for one hour (instead of my generator) to cool my tiny home down to sleep.
What do you think?
Can you test this battery out?

Alan
4809FDBF-79CD-4250-96F6-F22F66C482AF.jpeg

It is $600 per kWh which is less than Battlborn.
That would be $685 for one and the insides pic I posted was of a larger Tess battery not the 100Ah.
There are a few brands of 100Ah LFP batteries at this price point.

So you say you run the house off your battery. Is it a tiny home? What appliances do you use? What loads is a typical day?
I thought of getting another 12v 100ah Tess and see if I can run my AC unit for 1 hour in the evening to cool my tiny home. What do you think?

I purchased 8 100Ah 12V today. Will be going into a conversion of 2005 3500 dually. I bit the bullet because of this thread and quite frankly at 1/2 the price of battle born it's worth the risk to me. Will tests them when they arrive. Lots of great into on this forum!

I purchased 8 100Ah 12V today. Will be going into a conversion of 2005 3500 dually. I bit the bullet because of this thread and quite frankly at 1/2 the price of battle born it's worth the risk to me. Will tests them when they arrive. Lots of great into on this forum!
8 100Ah Battle Borns can be bought for $850 each shipped when you call.
You only paid $425 each shipped?

I didn't purchase through Ebay I contacted the seller and purchased directly from him on his website so he would not incur the Ebay fees. I paid $4440 for all 8 ($550 each and $40 shipping). If you are local he will sell to you for $500 each if you pick up. So I saved just under $2400 (not sure what Battle charges for shipping). Honestly, I also like to support smaller shops - the Vermonter in me. I realize I'm taking a risk on the warranty if he closes up shop but I am ok with that.

I didn't purchase through Ebay I contacted the seller and purchased directly from him on his website so he would not incur the Ebay fees. I paid $4440 for all 8 ($550 each and $40 shipping). If you are local he will sell to you for $500 each if you pick up. So I saved just under $2400 (not sure what Battle charges for shipping). Honestly, I also like to support smaller shops - the Vermonter in me. I realize I'm taking a risk on the warranty if he closes up shop but I am ok with that.
Wow, that’s a nice move. Like to is some pics when you have them. You have a tiny home, or something else?
With that battery bank, what’s the setup you’re doing? Series & Parallel combination?

Glad some people are testing them out and seem to have a positive review. I’m making the move for solar on my campervan soon. The first hand reviews are helpful. Keep them coming.

2005 3500 Dually. It’s a retired ESPN van I am working with an awesome build team to convert into a part time live work van. Once done I’ll sell off everything in VT and just keep my place (small home) in FL and travel 5mos and 29 days haha! It will allow me to retire by 50 if I save and invest correctly; and more importantly have a better quality of life. I’m an IT consultant so I just need my laptop and WiFi and enough power to keep going! I thought 800ah might be a bit much but now I know I won’t have to worry about power with the right additional hardware.

Attachments

• EAAE2312-A94E-4FB6-868D-9114B06C3CFF.png
    EAAE2312-A94E-4FB6-868D-9114B06C3CFF.png
    327.2 KB · Views: 6
Panels going on roof soon. 1050 watts with a retractable roll up deck built over top to get max power and still be able to chill out up top! Can’t wait until it’s done and I can hit the road! It’s being built with a very different design and a really amazing build team. Will seat AND sleep six people. Shower with composting toilet, full kitchen and also outside shower. Weeeewhoooo!!

What are the audit and brand specs of the items you run off the Subpanel (electric washer/dryer, refrigerator , tv, computer and 100% Electric (hybrid) waterheater 80 gallon (I have it set to use only heatpump mode. — so you’re running all of this off 400 amphr of batteries? Just curious as we are going to be off grid and trying to get an idea of what might work, rather than reinvent the wheel as the saying goes ….)

gogosolar

I was just looking at your battery wires and noticed you have them hook up wrong! Your tapping of positive and negative wire on same battery in the front. Which causes a uneven charge/ drain balance which can prematurely damage your batteries. you need one end on the opposite side of the battery pack.
Hi! I actually hired someone else to wire this. Can you maybe send me back a pic with the problem circled?!? For the time money and savings I’ve put into the van that is the last thing I want!!!

Back