diy solar

diy solar

Testing used Headway 38120 cells for capacity, have questions!

Nuance231

View attachment 12069
Sooo I am a total noob to this but to dumb to not try .... planning to make my first 12v battery with these Lifepo4 cells and want to test capacity of the 30 something cells I have to match as many as I can. Battery size to be determined. Battery purpose is DIY generator linked to first solar setup. These cells have been charged and made into 4s packs and resting for about three weeks to hopefully balance a bit.
I am intending to top off the battery, connect the ISDT monitor and the inverter, run the fan, and drain the battery until the inverter alarm goes off at 10.6 volts. Hopefully the monitor will give me an idea of the output capacity for each cell.
1st question, Will this help me make an efficient, hopefully longer lasting battery that may be called on in the future to function in an RV but for now is a test bed? Or, am I adding unnecessary steps and should just get on with it .
2nd question, If I should just get on with it, what do I focus on (if anything) to match cells so as to minimize stress to the cells?
3rd question, Think this will work?
Appreciate any insights
Jeff,AEEA8E5A-7B4B-4750-A3E6-27DC97526164.jpeg

Back