diy solar

diy solar

Testing

CTorris

Fully charging Colaier 310ah 3.2v cell. Charging volts are 3.6v. úsing a 5a power supply. Is 0.008 considered full charged or should I wait till 0.000? Doing a capacity test.IMG_20210831_073819343_MP.jpg

After 3.6V saturated, you have essentially nothing left to gain. Look at the charge curve:
qidwvcdb3z4i.jpg

You're at 100%.

I just tested 11 cells. Some I stopped at .1 amps, and others at 0. The cells tested between 24.1 amp hours and 25.0 amp hours. Most came out around 24.6. Ah. Whether the cells had .1 amp when I stopped or 0 amps when I stoped the charge had no difference on capacity.

Seems each cell will hold a certain AH plus or minus a certain percentage and that last .1 amp does not make much of a difference.

I just tested 11 cells. Some I stopped at .1 amps, and others at 0. The cells tested between 24.1 amp hours and 25.0 amp hours. Most came out around 24.6. Ah. Whether the cells had .1 amp when I stopped or 0 amps when I stoped the charge had no difference on capacity.

Seems each cell will hold a certain AH plus or minus a certain percentage and that last .1 amp does not make much of a difference.
What Ah were your cells?

Once I get to that point I disconnect the charger, let the batteries rest for a few hours and then put the charger back on them.
That tends to really pack the charge.

Back