diy solar

diy solar

Thanks To The Mods! You guys rock!

A.Justice

Swears he didn't start that fire.
Title says it all. Seriously, I love this forum, and the mods keep it running smoothly. I appreciate that you ASK me to change a post that is perceived to be insulting, rather than changing my words, or removing them. I appreciate that you let conversations take their natural course, even if it means moving it to the off topic section and letting it happen (the COVID discussion specifically comes to mind). It's awesome that you don't delete incorrect information either, I generally learn just as much from doing as I do from NOT doing, if that makes sense. I also think it's really cool that you ask for user feedback when making new guidelines or rules.

I'm part of another forum and it's pathetic, it's about specific small electronics and is apparently run by pu**ies. The mods argue and delete posts that they don't agree with, whether factual or not, then delete any criticism of that action. It's like the rules only apply when something is posted that a mod doesn't agree with. I'll avoid venting too much, everybody here knows what power hungry mods can do to the atmosphere of an online forum. Thank you for not doing that BS here, I don't use any social media, and I'd be really upset if this forum was ruined like some of the other ones.

Back to my original point, whatever you guys are doing behind the scenes, it's working. This is also, from a technical side, my favorite forum. I know some of the mods and Will P have spent their own personal money on this, and it shows, especially compared to some other sites. I definitely notice, and appreciate, how easy the user interface is.

Keep up the good work!

Title says it all. Seriously, I love this forum, and the mods keep it running smoothly. I appreciate that you ASK me to change a post that is perceived to be insulting, rather than changing my words, or removing them. I appreciate that you let conversations take their natural course, even if it means moving it to the off topic section and letting it happen (the COVID discussion specifically comes to mind). It's awesome that you don't delete incorrect information either, I generally learn just as much from doing as I do from NOT doing, if that makes sense. I also think it's really cool that you ask for user feedback when making new guidelines or rules.

I'm part of another forum and it's pathetic, it's about specific small electronics and is apparently run by pu**ies. The mods argue and delete posts that they don't agree with, whether factual or not, then delete any criticism of that action. It's like the rules only apply when something is posted that a mod doesn't agree with. I'll avoid venting too much, everybody here knows what power hungry mods can do to the atmosphere of an online forum. Thank you for not doing that BS here, I don't use any social media, and I'd be really upset if this forum was ruined like some of the other ones.

Back to my original point, whatever you guys are doing behind the scenes, it's working. This is also, from a technical side, my favorite forum. I know some of the mods and Will P have spent their own personal money on this, and it shows, especially compared to some other sites. I definitely notice, and appreciate, how easy the user interface is.

Keep up the good work!
As Mods may well be watching this thread with keen interest, I'll take the opportunity here, as I haven't been able to find a Say hello new members thread (there pro ably is one, but a medication Blew the optic nerve in my right eye, and seriously damaged my left eye, so I have likely missed it). To Clarify my User Name, I have used Rastech sin e the early 1980's when a Sovtware Tester, plus as a name for Custom Computers I built, plus as a name for my import export, wholesale Retail Roofing Materials Business. While I still love Testing stuff, I'm retired, and have no Commercial interests in any Enterprises or individuals. I continue using Rastech, as many old Customers and Online Software Testers if still alive, are likely old friends. So if I recommend end anything, it is because I have used it, and found it to be good, and usually, extremely good value for money. Best Wishes to All. Bob.

Back