diy solar

diy solar

The cheapest 100AH LiFep04 off of Amazon arrived today.

Resident2021

Ordered this 100ah Lifep04 battery on Feb 5 2021 from amazon for 399.00 shipped. Just happy it arrive quickly and in a well packed box. I no nothing about battery's or solar just what I have read and gathered. I will be using this in a vehicle as a off grid traveling power supply as I get out doors this summer.
I will be charging/running: Phone/laptop/heated shower/charging electric E-bike/ running 200w heater/ few lights not all at the same time.

I do not have a LiFep04 battery charger for in the house and it is 15 deg F outside now, so I will be using a 650w PC power supply to power the dc to dc charger to charge the battery up. The battery arrived with a 93% charge and the display has a temp read out that said -9c. I want to put this stuff in a crate for mobility using a 50amp anderson connector to connect and disconnect the dc to dc charger to the vehicle. Once I have a in house setup, I will do some rudimentary draw tests on the battery. I do not have any testing equipment so I will use the stuff I will be using on my travels. IMG_0018.jpgIMG_0019.jpgIMG_0023.jpgIMG_0024.jpg

The parts I will be assembling:
Renogy 20 dc to dc charger. Used with a 90amp alternator.
Reliable 600w pure sine inverter.
Go power 90w solar panel kit with 10a pwn controller
Global power 100ah Lifep04 battery

Looks nice, makes me wonder if I should have bought those instead of the valence.

Yeah, I ran my 15K air for 30 minutes today while working in my camper with one 138A/hr Valence. Got down to 86%. I like knowing exactly what's going on inside.
YMMV

Ordered this 100ah Lifep04 battery on Feb 5 2021 from amazon for 399.00 shipped. Just happy it arrive quickly and in a well packed box. I no nothing about battery's or solar just what I have read and gathered. I will be using this in a vehicle as a off grid traveling power supply as I get out doors this summer.
I will be charging/running: Phone/laptop/heated shower/charging electric E-bike/ running 200w heater/ few lights not all at the same time.

I do not have a LiFep04 battery charger for in the house and it is 15 deg F outside now, so I will be using a 650w PC power supply to power the dc to dc charger to charge the battery up. The battery arrived with a 93% charge and the display has a temp read out that said -9c. I want to put this stuff in a crate for mobility using a 50amp anderson connector to connect and disconnect the dc to dc charger to the vehicle. Once I have a in house setup, I will do some rudimentary draw tests on the battery. I do not have any testing equipment so I will use the stuff I will be using on my travels. View attachment 36567View attachment 36568View attachment 36569View attachment 36570

The parts I will be assembling:
Renogy 20 dc to dc charger. Used with a 90amp alternator.
Reliable 600w pure sine inverter.
Go power 90w solar panel kit with 10a pwn controller
Global power 100ah Lifep04 battery

How is the battery performing for you?

nice thanks for posting pics.

less than half battleborn price for 12v100ah
Why compare to Battle Born?

Ampere Time is $570 on Amazon.
SOK is $570 too if you can buy one.

Who knows if the bms on this generic 100Ah is as crappy as the Chins LFP battery with a too low LVD?

I almost bought a couple of these; however, the supply was limited and sold out quickly. I did email/communicate with the owner who had two warehouse locations (1 in GA and 1 storage unit in TN). They were just getting started in with their business but planned to secure more batteries. It's been more than a month and I have not seen them relist any new inventory. They don't have a website. They may be a great deal and perhaps worth a closer look should they re-appear. I ended up ordering two SOK.

I bought Tess electric batteries for $500 each which is locally here in mn. I am very happy with. Tops come off for easy repair in future.

Inside of the Tess electric battery. Very high quality by the looks of it. Heat sink is huge on the bms! supports 200A maximum continuous Discharge current . 4 thick high temp rated cables to each battery posts. Packed with Thermal padding to help keep battery cooled in summer and warm in winter and helps with vibration.

Attachments

• inside of tess eletric battery.jpg
    inside of tess eletric battery.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 54
This is very interesting for a drop in solution. How did you get it for $500? The posted price on their site is $550 sale

Well locally here in mn it was at $500 each. Guess website is higher. Anyways I am very happy with them.

who did you buy them from locally in Mn. ? Can you please post a web site or phone number?

Back