diy solar

diy solar

The Effect of Competition: Sol-Ark 15K down to $7K

I'll cover price and input/output.

The Sol-Ark 12K is same output (12Kw) as the EG4 18KPV and the difference is input Kw is 13Kw on the Sol-Ark 12K and of course the EG4 is 18Kw input.

The Sol-Ark 12K is $300 cheaper than the EG4, about the price of a auxiliary SCC.

The Sol-Ark 15K is about $1250 higher, 19.5Kw input and 15Kw output.
The 12k is 10kw

The 15k can only do 12kw from batteries, heck we run more from batteries than they do. The 2 units are not copies but they have pluses and minuses. We think off gridders will like the 18k better than the 15k.

The 18k is 21kw input vs the 19.5kw 15k and has a 200a wire box as well, so definitely not in the same class as their 12k

The 12k is 10kw

Is that with PV?
The 15k can only do 12kw from batteries,

But it does 15K with PV + battery. I see the EG4 is about the same, however that is peak output for between 5 and 10 minutes while the 15K is rated continuous.

The EG4 according to the spec sheet has 13.5Kw battery only but only for 10 minutes.

heck we run more from batteries than they do. The 2 units are not copies but they have pluses and minuses. We think off gridders will like the 18k better than the 15k.

You should list what the continuous output rating is for your product, I'm not seeing it in the spec sheet. I'm not interested in either product at this point but would like information that is basically the same, I'm certain others would also to compare products. One manufacturer lists a spec but a competing product lists a spec with conditions. That is why there is confusion about capability.

The 18k is 21kw input vs the 19.5kw 15k and has a 200a wire box as well, so definitely not in the same class as their 12k
The wire box may or may not be important to some installers.

Back