diy solar

diy solar

The inevitable battery delivery

Rossman

Solar Enthusiast
I wondered what everyones experiences were with the fedex/ups/whatever-delivery-company person when they come to deliver your batteries.

It looks like for 280Ah EVE cells, they come 2 in a box (~25lbs). For folks who ordered a large quantity of cells, did it pose any kind of issue? I see people who are ordering 32 or 64 cells which means 16-32 boxes @ 25lbs each. If I was the delivery guy, I probably wouldn't so delighted that day, to do the delivery. I have yet to see anyone post about this in all the threads here that I have read.

Please share your experiences!

I wondered what everyones experiences were with the fedex/ups/whatever-delivery-company person when they come to deliver your batteries.

It looks like for 280Ah EVE cells, they come 2 in a box (~25lbs). For folks who ordered a large quantity of cells, did it pose any kind of issue? I see people who are ordering 32 or 64 cells which means 16-32 boxes @ 25lbs each. If I was the delivery guy, I probably wouldn't so delighted that day, to do the delivery. I have yet to see anyone post about this in all the threads here that I have read.

Mine were 2x 4 in a box ~50lbs.
The delivery guy was cool about the whole thing.
I held him up to weigh the boxes, so I tipped him $20.00CAD.

Yeah, I was definitely thinking about tipping them if they all come off the truck in good shape! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Not batteries, but some time I order some lead parts covered in coper or brass :), and that company is always using USPS. The boxes are very heavy, and some time, if they don't want to deal with it, they leave a note saying that the item is oversize, and to go and pick it up from the post office. I have no problem doing that.

It was more of a notification issue. May need to check the tracking number daily to avoid a surprise.

The entire shipment was untracked until the delivery company picked it up. I had a tracking number, but once the US delivery company got it, I had no notification the tracking had went active, and the batteries appeared on my door one day. After checking the tracking number, it had only been active for a couple of days betweenpickup and delivery.

Back