diy solar

diy solar

The new "My Sol-Ark" App and Migration to AWS is happening very soon.

Gotcha. I've had some funny business go on with mine as well. Like some things aren't labeled correctly, like in the "Energy" tab, which is TOU tab on the SolArk, the "Grid Charge" checkbox is actually the "Sell" box on the Sol Ark.
Yes, If I understand correctly, the function of some of the labels change depending on which box is checked, The way I am conceptually understanding some of the TOU settings on the SolArk screen, the number in the Power Column could mean something different depending on whether sell or charge boxes are checked. I am still trying different settings on those to better understand the functionality of the SolArk. So far I am not disappointed. The SolArk screen is the only place that you can see both boxes. In some cases I have both boxes checked and am still trying to figure out what happens then.

I also find it a little annoying, but until I completely understand all of it I view it as part of my learning curve. I am coming from six years of using an Outback Radian and a Skybox so I just have to get in a different frame of mind. Fortunatrely there are a lot of helpful SolArk users on this forum so the knowledge shared in these threads will be increasingly useful.

Solar Assistant allows me to change most, if not all settings on my 12k? Does it not work for you?
I never use Solar Assistant to make settings changes. It is always a possibility that something can go wrong! I love it for Realtime monitoring but that is it's only use for me.
The Graphing is terrible when compared to Powerview and more importantly if Sol-Ark changes the Firmware and moves around some of the command mapping structure then it's a safe bet that Powerview will be given the info and will make the changes needed. On the flip side Solar Assistants users have to wait until someones inverter gets messed up before Pierre will realize that a change has occurred. I don't want to be the one to find that out.

The easiest way to program the Sol-Ark is with the Powerview Webportal on a Laptop or PC.
The only way to get to every single feature is to use the LCD screen and it is essential that you understand it because certain changes can only be done through it and in an emergency it's the best way to find out what is happening.

BTW the number one and two components that fail on the Sol-Ark are the Comm Board and LCD. My Installer friend says those are the only two boards he has ever seen fail and the Comm board is the more common one, but luckily both are user replaceable. So just in case your Comm board fail it's good to know how to work with the LCD.
When I had a full grasp of the LCD I then moved to Powerview to work with the graphs and to make TOU and grid charge changes while relaxing in my living room.

So I talked to a senior engineer today about the My-SolArk App.

So here is the info I got. The App and Webportal are now up and running and you can request to be on the system.
Actually I am not even sure if a request is needed or if you can just Login and pair your device right away.
The problem is that they are not Migrating Data from the old system yet. They are still finishing the software for Migrating the Data off of the Chinese servers. So if you do this it will be like starting a fresh account.?
There is no guarantee that if you move that they will be able to add your old data to the existing account, although I was told it is highly probable that they will be able to.
I was also told if your worried about losing your archived data then don't even think of moving to the new system right now.

So I asked what was the point of getting everything online if they do not have the migration software ready and I was told that they are putting all the new customers on My-SolArk right now but the older customers will have to wait a bit.

BTW there is also a Webportal https://www.mysolark.com that you can sign up to but there is not a lot to see unless you pair your Inverter.

Personally I have no intention of losing 20 months of data so I will wait until a proper migration is possible.
Also please note their is not any major difference between this and the Linter Powerview.
They are working on customizing it but my understanding is that for right now it is pretty much the same software that the purchase from Linter but it has some cosmetic changes and is on AWS servers.

Last edited:
So I talked to a senior engineer today about the My-SolArk App.

So here is the info I got. The App and Webportal are now up and running and you can request to be on the system.
Actually I am not even sure if a request is needed or if you can just Login and pair your device right away.
The problem is that they are not Migrating Data from the old system yet. They are still finishing the software for Migrating the Data off of the Chinese servers. So if you do this it will be like starting a fresh account.?
There is no guarantee that if you move that they will be able to add your old data to the existing account, although I was told it is highly probable that they will be able to.
I was also told if your worried about losing your archived data then don't even think of moving to the new system right now.

So I asked what was the point of getting everything online if they do not have the migration software ready and I was told that they are putting all the new customers on My-SolArk right now but the older customers will have to wait a bit.

BTW there is also a Webportal https://www.mysolark.com that you can sign up to but there is not a lot to see unless you pair your Inverter.

Personally I have no intention of losing 20 months of data so I will wait until a proper migration is possible.
Also please note their is not any major difference between this and the Linter Powerview.
They are working on customizing it but my understanding is that for right now it is pretty much the same software that the purchase from Linter but it has some cosmetic changes and is on AWS servers.
Still won’t let me create a plant??

Still won’t let me create a plant??
If you want just call them and they will add your serial number.
Are you sure you want to lose your data?

Edit:
The more I think about this I am pretty sure they need to do a update to the dongles firmware so the IP is directed to their new server.

If you want just call them and they will add your serial number.
Are you sure you want to lose your data?

Edit:
The more I think about this I am pretty sure they need to do a update to the dongles firmware so the IP is directed to their new server.
Most of my data is on SA anyway.

I use PV pro for control and some usage information.

I’ll Give them a call..

Thanks!!

Last edited:
So just to confirm Sol-Ark new users will be on US based AWS servers? I was curious as I am close to getting my Sol-Ark 15k.

So just to confirm Sol-Ark new users will be on US based AWS servers? I was curious as I am close to getting my Sol-Ark 15k.
I was told that they are putting new customers on it.
I would highly suggest that you call them while commissioning it to make sure it is on their server.
The firmware in the dongle will probably have a lot to do with it, so if it is older stock it might only connect to Powerview.
In that case a CSR will push an update and get it to go onto AWS.

I tried to get on the new app, but was told that
"At the moment PowerView is the only application available. Work is being done to have our own version of PowerView that we will be developing ourselves, but it is still in development and will be released sometime in the future."
and
"The new app may be available in a few months but there is no definite timeframe set for its release at the moment."

"At the moment PowerView is the only application available. Work is being done to have our own version of PowerView that we will be developing ourselves, but it is still in development and will be released sometime in the future."
and
"The new app may be available in a few months but there is no definite timeframe set for its release at the moment."
I think there is a lot of expansion and division of labor going on at the company.
The guy who told me this is usually in the loop on everything but I did notice he was a bit uncertain on this one.
They have a whole new group that is working on the App and Webportal and he is not part of it.
I don't think your missing out on anything. The guy I was dealing with has a SA at home and uses the new App. He did say to me that it is the same as PV-Pro, just with some minor changes in the looks. They plan on doing a lot with it but I guess that is taking a lot of time.

and
Thanks for that info. So I guess the question really is...old app or new app does it still route through chinese servers or AWS here in the states.

The new App is on AWS.
Right now the problem is migrating thousands of customers historical data seamlessly.

I don't care about my old files because it has only been a few months. When I get back home tomorrow I will give it a try.

Last edited:
I don't care about my old fat because it has only been a few months. When I get back home tomorrow I will give it a try.
Lol I love how these spell checkers always use a guess word that makes the sentence sound hilarious ?

The problem is that they don’t seem to be allowing the general public to migrate even if they want to.

Try anyway, if enough users ask they may let some people in. Personally I can wait. Everything has been running great and I have learned the hard way never to try and fix something that is not broke.

The app is now available for download on the Google Play Store for beta testers (which we are full). Ensuring all previous functionality of PV Pro is our priority before a full rollout in the coming month(s). There will be a newsletter and public announcement when the transition is complete.

The app is now available for download on the Google Play Store for beta testers (which we are full). Ensuring all previous functionality of PV Pro is our priority before a full rollout in the coming month(s). There will be a newsletter and public announcement when the transition is complete.

Thanks Devin,

So if I get a new SolArk 15k now and use your monitoring, does all the data in transit and at rest reside in the US on AWS?

Its been on the Apple App store for months. Its just that it will not let you pair your inverter to the server.

Any update on the app and the switch over?

Back