diy solar

diy solar

the smallest waterdrop...... inverter, charger and batteries just gone

European Guy

So we have this great place in Spain. At least it will be a great place. Oldest part from the 12th century, youngest from somewhere 17-18th. and totally off grid. The nearest tarmac road at 1 kilometer and nearest power and water supply at 2-3 km. So we needed solar panels and all. But when you start to build somewehere and you need power the choice might be to lean the panels just against a wall, the batteries somewhere in the corner and the innverter and charger nearby on the floor. Cables to connect it all and yess..... we had power, the cement mixer and drill could work! Great we very happy. But then, someday, we where back in The Netherlands it rained in Spain. And we had everything covered. at least we thought so. Well, there might have been a small gap for the tiniest drop of water. 3.000 watt Inverter went short and fully drained the 2 pcs 200 Ah AGM batteries. expensive lesson. Now everything is nicely installed, on the wall with all fuses and switches. :)

just a suggestion, whether you can get this stuff in your country or not im unsure... but all pcb's " outside " get a coating of this... yet to have a failure from water or bugs... and where I live, there is plenty of both...

just a suggestion, whether you can get this stuff in your country or not im unsure... but all pcb's " outside " get a coating of this... yet to have a failure from water or bugs... and where I live, there is plenty of both...

I guess that this stuff is our Spanish equivalent

Double the quantity for four times the price... :confused:

Kontakt Chemie stuff is widely available in Europe, eg sold by conrad

(English) on their website

Looks like I'll need to do a little shopping next time I travel North :)

(My wife hates it when I go into a Conrad - I spend longer in there than she does in the shoe shops! ?)

Back