diy solar

diy solar

These are not marine batteries

Argosy

Please do not think these offerings by BigBattery.com are "marine"
1601597172299.png
While I have not specifically purchased any of these, I spent weeks going back and forth with BB trying to get information for these for use in my boat. They have no idea what is even means to be "marine", and Will's teardowns demonstrate how they do not use proper wiring, connectors, cases, etc - while the breakers are simply unsafe and heat up during use. Good luck getting any detailed specifications or engineering support other than what is on the website.

They might be a great solution for your boat's needs - I was about to buy a bunch of the A123 LFPs they use in these (then all of a sudden theyre out of stock so they can retain inventory to use for these way more expensive offerings, dangit) - however they are NOT starting batteries, and would need some form of corrosion resistance, sealed casing (as required by AYBC), marine connectors and wiring (as required by ABYC), so on and so forth.

Honestly if I were them, id pull this designation so as not to have the liability when something goes wrong and causes a fire because of some internal wire chafing due to vibration or coming out of its connector.

Boat safely!

View attachment 24097
While I have not specifically purchased any of these, I spent weeks going back and forth with BB trying to get information for these for use in my boat. They have no idea what is even means to be "marine", and Will's teardowns demonstrate how they do not use proper wiring, connectors, cases, etc - while the breakers are simply unsafe and heat up during use. Good luck getting any detailed specifications or engineering support other than what is on the website.

They might be a great solution for your boat's needs - I was about to buy a bunch of the A123 LFPs they use in these (then all of a sudden theyre out of stock so they can retain inventory to use for these way more expensive offerings, dangit) - however they are NOT starting batteries, and would need some form of corrosion resistance, sealed casing (as required by AYBC), marine connectors and wiring (as required by ABYC), so on and so forth.

Honestly if I were them, id pull this designation so as not to have the liability when something goes wrong and causes a fire because of some internal wire chafing due to vibration or coming out of its connector.

Boat safely!
So ABYC is up and running now?

View attachment 24097

Boat safely!

Where on the BB web site did you find marine batteries??
There’s none listed. Post a link to that site your showing. ?

There is a confusingly worded offering. Read the BB title on their page that says only ”new battery box” so are they putting used A123 batteries in
new boxes? They don’t mention new batteries, only boxes The first A123 listing for the out of stock battery said new battery.?

Back