diy solar

diy solar

This is my first battery build from china need advise

SteveOOO

Im ordering 12-280ah cells from: Shenzhen Qishou Technology Co., Ltd. in China I want to make sure I'm protected and being many of you folks have seen there contracts you will no more then me at what to look for.
I think they offered me a good price for what they claim to be grad A cells 12 for 1200.00 (1550.00 with taxes & shipping) this is what I want to make sure is the norm or any advise would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to buy Insurance? I have never ordered over sees before... Do I need to pay Tariffs here they say its included?

If this goes well then I want to put 4 48V battery sets together for my home.

If you have not seen one of their agreements now you have

Please See Attachment....

Here is the contract im agreeing to:
(note: keeping my personal info out)

Attachments

• Trade Assurance Purchase Contract.pdf
    219.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I know Andy from off grid garage ordered cells from Qishou. @Off-Grid-Garage hasn't been around for a month or so, but maybe ask him about his experience through his YT contact email (you can find that on his channel). Otherwise, price seems fine, and contract details are typical Alibaba ones. DDP Incoterms is good, and this includes any and all costs.

May I ask what the battery pack Voltage are you making with 12 cells? 3.20V x 12 = 38.40V

Bud, im replacing my gulf cart batteries in my RV 8-6V lead acid with the 12 cells making 3-12V(280ah) sets for now. Will make it 24V at a later date once I go solar. 3.2X4 cells=12.8

This will get me about 750ah total or 3-4 days with out charging when off grid.. I have a 80amp Progressive charger when needed

Last edited:
First of all congratulations on your purchase of a new battery. Then the suggestions are still those. After receiving the battery, remember to check the appearance of the battery, and use a multimeter to check the voltage and resistance of the battery to see if it is normal. In addition, BMS needs to be installed to ensure safety, and battery balancing is also required (of course, the merchant may have completed it for you), and it is also good to use a balancer if conditions permit. As for insurance and duties...I think that's what the merchant does for you.

joanna_lannie, Thank you!!!

Ok batteries are ordered and 16 cells now im going to make 2 12V 560ah batteries like this attached image, the question now would I be able to use JBD 4S 150A BMS Lifepo4 Battery 3S 12V Li-ion Battery Smart Balance Protection or if not then what would the correct BMS to be used for this type of configuration? (w/hot & cold shut off)

I no its coming, yes I'm putting them in the RV now moma can run the hair dryer now ok maybe the a/c to lol​

Thank you all again

580ah battery.fw.png

MY SETUP LOOKS LIKE THIS NOW THE BOX YOU SEE IS 8-6V BATTERIES

20220315_104041.jpg

I didnt stump you all did I?

OK It looks to me now what is needed for that Battery Configuration is a 8S 200A 12V BMS can anyone confirm this? if so where would I find one OMG. Just thought about this then I could run 2-80 lifepo4 chargers for 160A of charging? Hummm My wife not going to like me...

Man I cant wait to get to solar next.... I see 1200Watts coming hehehe

he question now would I be able to use JBD 4S 150A BMS Lifepo4 Battery 3S 12V Li-ion Battery Smart Balance Protection or if not then what would the correct BMS to be used for this type of configuration? (w
The 2P4S battery you have pictured takes a 4S BMS.

An 8S BMS is for a 25.6V battery.
8S 200A 12V BMS can anyone confirm this?
No.
If you make 2x 12.8V 2P4S batteries, you will need 2x 4S BMSs.

MisterSandals, (3S 12V Li-ion Battery ) OOPS My bad Typo​

Ok because of the configuration im running here now I got it.. man I'm slow them 8 batterers set up in pairs of 2 are working as 4S then connected in a series setup only require a 4S BMS.

4S setup.jpg

I think they offered me a good price for what they claim to be grad A cells 12 for 1200.00 (1550.00 with taxes & shipping) this is what I want to make sure is the norm or any advise would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to buy Insurance? I have never ordered over sees before... Do I need to pay Tariffs here they say its included?

Be very much aware that every single vendor will tell you their cells are "grade A, brand new" and then many will ship you used cells at 80% of capacity.

Be sure to search well for any reports of any vendor you want to use. Even Will has had problems, Litakola sent him some first-class cells, then shipped a lot of duds to people purchasing based on his recommendation.

Due diligence is required when choosing a vendor.

Just John,

Thank you I will post back here once I get the cells health outcome or I make a trip to china!!! OMG im shaking my head and praying now that I paid for 16 cells and told him if they all are good I would order a much larger batch for my shop so hopefully that will make them hand pick them. LOL

Maybe I should have paid for the insurance?

Back