diy solar

diy solar

This seems way too good to be true ... 420ah from a "normal size" LifePO4 cell

RGIvy

Has anyone actually tried these guys?

I'd be tempted just to see how close to capacity they are. 420ah in my rig would be .... nice
But TBH they are very new and their store name looks a bit like the ID supplied by AliExpress. Also can't find them on Alibaba.

More than likely it is too good to be true and one thing that already throws it off is they are listing it as 420ah and in the photos the label shows 400ah. It magically gets additional 20ah from somewhere.

It magically gets additional 20ah from somewhere.
A bit like another supplier we tried who (we think) re-labelled 280ah cells to 300ah and when we told him the cells are not 300ah he said to expect a 5% deviation as standard. We see “dishonest” and he sees it as ok, especially as we asked very specific questions when we purchased.

First TIP: Cell Weight is 5.1kg, same as a 280AH cell.
CALB CA400 3.2V 400Ah LiFePO4 Lithium ion Battery weight = 14kg±0.15kg
Winston: 400AH WB-LYP400AHA-A weight = 13.5kg

What else needs saying.
If a 280 weighs 5.1Kg, why does a 400 weigh more than double? Different case and construction I assume...
a 400 of the same case and construction as the 280 shouldn’t weigh more than 7.3Kg...

I agree with everything everyone has stated, still be very curious to see what the true AH tests at.
It's a chunk of money to throw at an experiment where you're reasonably sure there is "journalistic license" in the ad. Hence why I was curious if someone actually bought these cells.

Those are your typical ~280amp hour cells. I’d be interested in the song and dance you get when the capacity actually gets measured but not $654+shipping interested.

That’s more than Amy was charging for her cells when I asked a coup,e of months ago and she was like 30% higher than the bargain alibaba sellers and the group buy. Hard pass.

Hi Folks,

all the "Number"-Sellers have the same Business Scope. Sounds not good for me, for a Professional Battery Shop (Manufacturer).

Business Information
Please see business information of the merchant below:
  • Business License/Information
Company name:
泾河新城夕溪阁商贸部
Jinghe New City XiXiGe Trade Department
VAT number:
92611102MA71******
Business license registration number:
611102610******
Address:
陕西省西咸新区泾河新城永乐镇工业品市场26号
No.26, Industrial Products Market, Yongle Town, Jinghe New City, Xi'an New District, Shaanxi Province
Corporate:
胡燕玲
Hu Yanling
Business Scope:
一般项目:自行车及零配件零售、文具用品零售、电子产品的网上销售。(除依法须经批准的项目外,凭营业执照依法自主开展经营活动)。
General items: retail of bicycles and spare parts, retail of stationery supplies, online sales of electronic products. (Except for items subject to approval by law, with business license to carry out business activities independently according to law).
Established:
2020-09-08
Registration authority:
陕西省西咸新区市场监督管理局泾河新城分局
Jinghe New City Branch of Market Supervision Administration of Xi'an New District, Shaanxi Province

All information above are from self-declaration of merchants and AliExpress does not guarantee its authenticity or accuracy.
Merchants shall represent and warrant that all declared business information is full, accurate and true, otherwise may face penalty of AliExpress and/or law enforcement department.

Just to satisfy our curiosity we ordered a set of 4 cells to test.
TBH not expecting them to be anything close to their stated capacity.
If they're a scam we'll attempt to get our money back - hoping by paying by CC that will be possible.

... we'll let you know the results of our testing

Really looking forward to your test. Even if these turn out to be 280Ah to 310Ah new cells. it's "only" about $130 down the drain. I do appreciate your sacrifice.... Those of us who like to go cheap realize that there are some pretty crappy batteries out there. I have 8 of those not-so-new LittoKala batteries... but to their credit they work just fine, and the MPP LV1012 and JBD BMS keeps them in line. Consider the number of 18650 used cell systems are out there.

Any idea of when they will arrive?

Last edited:
Yeah, but for those of us that are "power mad" the temptation is overwhelming. And if its true I'm probably going to be the first (or in this case the second) to punch the order button.

I love things that are too good to be true. Same reason I buy cheap batteries... I'm cheap.

Yeah, my last order took 9 weeks and I live on the west coast. The order before that took 10 weeks. Even the folks at MPP have had a tough time getting stuff through LAX. The good news is that the container ship backup seems to be getting better. Anybody have contacts in China? Maybe they could buy a set and check it out. Unfortunately, my sales/engineering contacts in Shenzen and Shanghai have moved to new companies in the last 10 years, so I no longer have access.

Looking forward to the end of August. Thanks.

Has anyone actually tried these guys?

I'd be tempted just to see how close to capacity they are. 420ah in my rig would be .... nice
But TBH they are very new and their store name looks a bit like the ID supplied by AliExpress. Also can't find them on Alibaba.
I looked up the specs and the discharge capacity was only 3500 mah. I asked the company and they said that’s how it discharged . I was going to buy 4 to test but I couldn’t get a answer that made sense of anything. I ended up buying 16 200ah liitokala cells for a few cents per WH.

I looked up the specs and the discharge capacity was only 3500 mah. I asked the company and they said that’s how it discharged . I was going to buy 4 to test but I couldn’t get a answer that made sense of anything. I ended up buying 16 200ah liitokala cells for a few cents per WH.
btw there is a huge surplus of lithium in China and I the are producing a lot of batteries now at reduced prices, but as with anything in China beware what you buy, they will sell you anything you want to hear.

Just noticed that store # 910805014 is offering 4 "Brand New Grade A" cells for $568.58. Store # 910787018 is $657.53...

... Cheaper cells come with 6mm grub screws and nuts vs. Hex head screws. So hardware "appears" to be different.

Interesting that both stores started Oct. 12, 2020, and have similar addresses. My Chinese is by character matching not translation. The supplied document does not allow copy/paste, so could not use a virtual translator.

Even with all the warning signs... $568.58 is what Grade A 280Ah cells go for. So even if they are 280's No big loss. The question is will they take 6 months to get here? If they get here at all.

I'm thinking...

Last edited:
Back