diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on a Guangzhou Qihua Technologies Battery?

Jonny2Skis

I'm a newbie, so apologies if these questions seem simple!

I have been in conversation with the above company about a 'drop in' 250Ah battery for a RV. I'm UK based. They have quoted $740 including Bluetooth plus shipping. The specification looks reasonable to me and they assure me the components are Grade A. Has anyone dealt with them and can they comment on the quality of the product? I've attached the spec they've sent me. If some of you guys have better companies and options, I would love to hear about them. I don't feel confident to build my own battery just yet. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SPEC-LFP12 8V250AH(QH)D1.pdf
    494.1 KB · Views: 12
Max Charge Current 50A
Continuous Discharge Current 100A
Peak Discharge Current 200A

For a 250Ah battery, that's a 0.2C rate charge and a 0.4C discharge rate vs. 0.5C charge and 1.0C discharge

These are likely lower grade high resistance LFP cells. I would not trust that they would meet spec or last the claimed >= 5000 cycles

They have stated the cells are Grade A and that they will provide 100A charge rate. Not
Sure if this makes it good enough.

Of course they'll say that. They're China. They'll say whatever makes the sale. The ratings demonstrate otherwise.

Fair point. However, it seems almost all lithium batteries are manufactured in China, even the ‘brands’ products!

What snoob is trying to say is this... I think.
Everyotreats China as an honest and upstanding entity.
It's a false sense to have. Don't get me wrong. There are honest people in China. We buy almost 1 million dollars of fireworks and import them every year.
But!!!!
As a whole, most will say whatever it is you want to hear.
Remember in the back of your mind , we are dealing with a COMMUNIST country that wants to take over the work. And doing a pretty damn good job of it so far.
I think they may actually have the Triad beat.

So when number don't make sense, and it sounds to good to be true , it probably is.

Thank goodness we have a few people dealing in batteries. I think the greed in China is keeping the exporters semi honest for now.

Greg

They have stated the cells are Grade A and that they will provide 100A charge rate. Not
Sure if this makes it good enough.

When they start promising you things that don't agree with the spec sheet .... that is a major red flag.

There is a wide range of cells available from China. The less honest providers will promise pretty much whatever to get the sale. I agree with @snoobler that there is very little chance these are actually grade A cells based on that spec sheet.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the suggestions to tread carefully. I asked for details of the cells included in the battery. They sent me some of the certifications and spec sheets for a LFP 3.2v 271AH cell. I've attached one of the sheets which show some details re air transportation and also images of the cells. Do they look ok or not? Is there a specific test report I should be asking for?

Attachments

• 认证Identification and Classification Report for Air Transport of Goods空运鉴定书(QH-LFP3 2V271AH).pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
You're looking deeper into a pile of poo. You're just going to find more poo.

This battery is inferior because its RATINGS are lower than what is standard for quality LFP. Period. More reports aren't going to change that.

It's a decent price, but it's a lower quality battery. Decide if you want to take the risk.

Back