diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on BMS selection

richardw

I have built two 12v LiFePO4 batteries using the Overkill 120A BMS devices and some 280AH EVE cells. They work great. Now, I am in the process of building two 24v batteries from 304AH cells purchased from Docan Power. I see that Docan sells a couple of JBD BMS devices - one 12v and one 24v. I am interested in them because they are listed as being 200A BMSs. The cells I am using are capable of 200A discharge rates. I don't intend to discharge these batteries at that rate, but I can appreciate having the ability to discharge at the higher rate when needed for a short time - like being able to burst to a higher rate for a few minutes, if needed. My understanding is that the Overkill BMSs are actually made by JBD. I am attaching a screenshot of the two. I am considering purchasing two of each, but I may purchase 3 of the 24v so that I can add another 24v battery in the future or have one on hand as a spare. What do you all think of these JBD 200A BMS devices being sold by Docan?

Here is a link to the Docan JBD BMS devices: JBD BMS Devices at Docan Power

Attachments

• 2022-11-29_16-57-54.png
    2022-11-29_16-57-54.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 5
Don't buy anything made in China, and don't use any BMS that passes battery current through it.

If you value your home or your battery investment, get a real BMS. Batrium, Orion, REC BMS, etc.

Most of these BMS's that pass battery juice through the circuit board are junk.

Back