diy solar

diy solar

THOUGHTS ON THE BLUETTI AC300 + @B300 FOR OFF-GRID VAN LIFE

RJGJr67

Wondering if you know about the Bluettie AC300 - I'm trying to learn and am brand new to all of this. I am currently converting my 2015 Ford Transit to a Tiny Home/Office. I will be using the following items
500w Desktop computer (2-4 hrs/day), and charging cell phones, cameras, laptop, dry flush toilet.
12v DC Fridge
12v DC Dometic A.C.
12v DC Maxx Air Fan 7000
12v puck lights (4)
12v (?) water heater and aggregator(?)

Also would like to be able to charge from DC/DC van battery, maybe that DC Charging Enhancer.
So my question - do you think the AC300 with 2 B300 with a 400w Solaria monocrystalline solar panel is doable? Is this practical? Will this recharge properly with this kind of set up. OR AM I WAY OFF?
Thanks.

Wondering if you know about the Bluettie AC300 - I'm trying to learn and am brand new to all of this. I am currently converting my 2015 Ford Transit to a Tiny Home/Office. I will be using the following items
500w Desktop computer (2-4 hrs/day), and charging cell phones, cameras, laptop, dry flush toilet.
12v DC Fridge
12v DC Dometic A.C.
12v DC Maxx Air Fan 7000
12v puck lights (4)
12v (?) water heater and aggregator(?)

Also would like to be able to charge from DC/DC van battery, maybe that DC Charging Enhancer.
So my question - do you think the AC300 with 2 B300 with a 400w Solaria monocrystalline solar panel is doable? Is this practical? Will this recharge properly with this kind of set up. OR AM I WAY OFF?
Thanks.
You will want to do an energy audit first, so you know how much energy you are going to need on a daily basis.

I use a Kill-a-Watt meter for AC loads, but don't know of anything for a DC load.

The DC charging enhancer is good for 500W if you can supply power to it.

If you are using a single 400W panel, then it would take about 15 sun hours to recharge both batteries (so multiple days).

You will want to size your array off of the energy audit, so you can recharge it in a single day if possible.

I’m wondering if you could help me with something. I want the Bluetti AC300. I want to use it connect to my trailer DC fuse box. Is this possible? Is it easy? The cigarette lighter connection won’t do what I want. I need two wires to put in the DC fuse box to run a bunch of lights and things on separate switches. It’s a bunch of amps and I need the dc fuse box.

You will want to do an energy audit first, so you know how much energy you are going to need on a daily basis.

I use a Kill-a-Watt meter for AC loads, but don't know of anything for a DC load.

The DC charging enhancer is good for 500W if you can supply power to it.

If you are using a single 400W panel, then it would take about 15 sun hours to recharge both batteries (so multiple days).

You will want to size your array off of the energy audit, so you can recharge it in a single day if possible.
Thanks. I was told that because it runs at 35 to 60 amps that you can't use the Bluetti AC300 with the Dometic RTX2000. Does that seem right?

Thanks. I was told that because it runs at 35 to 60 amps that you can't use the Bluetti AC300 with the Dometic RTX2000. Does that seem right?
From looking at the product manual for that AC unit, it appears that it wants to be directly wired to a battery, so not sure the AC300 would work for that.

I’m wondering if you could help me with something. I want the Bluetti AC300. I want to use it connect to my trailer DC fuse box. Is this possible? Is it easy? The cigarette lighter connection won’t do what I want. I need two wires to put in the DC fuse box to run a bunch of lights and things on separate switches. It’s a bunch of amps and I need the dc fuse box.
I did this exact thing with my AC200 i would think the AC300 would do the same but mine has a 12v 25amp outlet that i use for this setup not sure what the AC300 has.

Back