diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on these cells? And which BMS?

wrybread

I'm building my first LiFePO4 battery bank, and considering these cells:

(280 ah eve cells for $118 each).

Any thoughts on those cells? And any thoughts on that supplier? Anything else I should consider with similar or greater capacity? And any other supplier?

And what BMS to get? I've never bought or installed a BMS before, am I correct in thinking that I'd need a different BMS for this 4S battery bank versus if later I decide to make it 4S2P? If I get the BMS that can handle 4S2P can I use that with a 4S bank for now?

And it would be nice to have bluetooth and the ability to read the battery state from a phone if that's not too much extra $$.

Thanks for any help.

Ok I just took a look and they are saying shipping to Australia $93 and delivery in 4-6 days. What a load of rubbish as they have to come by ship.

Stay well clear is my opinion you may pay extra but be assured of a real product. If you paid by Paypal then the delivery date may extend beyond that which you can make a claim.

I have bought from here so search on here for what people think.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.26.6c3813006rTsDw

I have also bought from here but a bit more expensive.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...tml?spm=a2700.shop_pl.41413.30.da0a65f9ftOtos

You can also buy your BMS from them which reduces your shipping cost if buying separately. Choose your BMS based on the amps you will be drawing and allow some leeway.

You need a 4S BMS for this pack then another for the next pack as you will just be replicating the first.

Last edited:
Hi Tim, not sure what sizing chart you mean but links at bottom of page take you back to the top of page.

Also says shipping by Air Express lol. Then it says on one item ‘4pcs EVE 3.2V 280Ah Prismatic LiFePO4 cells with Free Ship by Sea 48-60 Days to door Grade A in same matched batch. New and no any bulging. With M6 Stud and easy to connect with bus bars. With sufficient capacity. Not cheaper and lower quanlity Grade B cells. This battery is widely used in electric vehicles, electric motorcycles, solar power, energy storage, etc.’

Very poor page setup.

Last edited:
This

Attachments

• 20220527_071414.jpg
    20220527_071414.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220527_065534.jpg
    20220527_065534.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 27
Back