diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts on this panel?

moonlitsouls

Seems like all the panels made for RVS are a lot smaller for obvious reasons but what are the pros and cons to using something like this instead?

Was thinking of adding a panel to the side of my RV that I can retract like an awning. I could potentially mount it using j brackets and have a swivel made to allow my to post it up toward the sky. What do you guys think about this panel here? I found one on Craigslist

If I wire this to my battery through it’s own 75v 15a SCC , I can add it to my existing arrays with no problem correct ?

Adam 79118A79-CDE8-4CA7-BDD9-4294FBE91193.pngA4DEF3AA-D119-4E36-B72A-CE35E6351380.png30BD5549-B70F-47D5-9696-BAFE07810BEE.png

Seems like all the panels made for RVS are a lot smaller for obvious reasons but what are the pros and cons to using something like this instead?

Lots of folks use large panels as they can be significantly more cost effetctive.

Was thinking of adding a panel to the side of my RV that I can retract like an awning. I could potentially mount it using j brackets and have a swivel made to allow my to post it up toward the sky. What do you guys think about this panel here? I found one on Craigslist

Seems like a good panel.

If I wire this to my battery through it’s own 75v 15a SCC , I can add it to my existing arrays with no problem correct ?

Yes.

They make great awnings. This is a 200 watt on it's own SCC

Rear.jpg

It's half the size and weight of what you are thinking at just 25lbs. I can handle it ok to swing it up, but to swing 25lbs above level on the end of a stick is a little bit of a handful. I do it all the time but I'm not sure I would want to do it with 50lbs

Awning.jpg

That said, I'm thinking of doing two more on the drivers side

They make great awnings. This is a 200 watt on it's own SCC

View attachment 71553

It's half the size and weight of what you are thinking at just 25lbs. I can handle it ok to swing it up, but to swing 25lbs above level on the end of a stick is a little bit of a handful. I do it all the time but I'm not sure I would want to do it with 50lbs

View attachment 71556

That said, I'm thinking of doing two more on the drivers side
that is awesome , what are you using to secure it down to the bottom side when you're on the road?

that is awesome , what are you using to secure it down to the bottom side when you're on the road?
I use the same bracket that holds the prop rods to secure it using the large plastic wing nuts

Panel support.jpg

Although I did lower the panel once and did not engage it into the lower supports, got distracted , and then drove off for a 50 mile run down the freeway. I asume it was flapping in the breeze back there but I could find no damage when I discovered the issue

Back