diy solar

diy solar

Thoughts or input on these 440 watt panels (N. America made)

Jamie.sanders

Ran across these on ebay, out of Texas, $2,090 for 10 (ten) 440 watt panels (47.5 cents a watt)

made by Solarforever out of Mexico
12 year warranty
25 year 85% Linear power warranty
9 busbar Solar Cell
UL listed
20.25 model efficiency
VMP+IMP =440

Looks like a good deal??? only 4.5 hours from me, I could make the run in a day. thoughts?

Attachments

• good panels2.jpg
    good panels2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 8
  • csdcddd_orig.jpg
    csdcddd_orig.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 7
I'd really like to see one tested .... sure would be nice to support panel production in this hemisphere. I a little concerned about their advertising. If these are made in Mexico .... is that really north America? Or, is it a company based in Mexico with manufacturing in Texas?

Looks like a great warranty .... Don't personally know anything about the seller signature solar, but here is a forum search for them. https://diysolarforum.com/search/443087/?q=signature+solar&o=relevance

Edit: After looking it up, it seems that Mexico is considered to be part of North America.... didn't know that.

Last edited:
I just ask a similar question bout some I found on Ebay but sellers there arent answering my UL question.

So let me pass on tidbit to u: gotta find out if has the UL stamp. If not then its no good... what I mean is the panel might be great but the stamp is required to prove UL listed.

I'd really like to see one tested .... sure would be nice to support panel production in this hemisphere. I a little concerned about their advertising. If these are made in Mexico .... is that really north America? Or, is it a company based in Mexico with manufacturing in Texas?

Looks like a great warranty .... Don't personally know anything about the seller signature solar, but here is a forum search for them. https://diysolarforum.com/search/443087/?q=signature+solar&o=relevance

Edit: After looking it up, it seems that Mexico is considered to be part of North America.... didn't know that.
Good question. Because of NAFTA its free trade in N.America so r these made in Mexico then sent to Texas to sale? Thats what it sounds like.

Pro cd be more apt to have UL stamp since distributed from a US state.

Con cd be fact 80% of customs problems with electronics rt now is fraudulent UL stamp. (USA Today article)

Looks like a great warranty .... Don't personally know anything about the seller signature solar, but here is a forum search for them. https://diysolarforum.com/search/443087/?q=signature+solar&o=rele
Ran across these on ebay, out of Texas, $2,090 for 10 (ten) 440 watt panels (47.5 cents a watt)

made by Solarforever out of Mexico
12 year warranty
25 year 85% Linear power warranty
9 busbar Solar Cell
UL listed
20.25 model efficiency
VMP+IMP =440

Looks like a good deal??? only 4.5 hours from me, I could make the run in a day. thoughts?

Btw if u do 'make the run' and visually verify they have the UL stamp, wd u pls pass that info to me? Ive ordered everything except panels cuz of that darn stamp.
vance

Back