diy solar

diy solar

Thread Management Pet Peeve

HRTKD

Boondocker
Staff member
First of all, this is not a complaint in relation to anything going on here. It's more of a future concern since we don't have threads old enough to be considered "old" or at the very least ancient history.

A forums that closes threads that are older than X number of months, does, in my opinion, a disservice to forum members. Just because a thread is a year old doesn't mean that it is stale and should not receive further replies. The RV.net forum is notorious for closing threads. I have a trailer that is 15 years old. Questions I have today can certainly be relevant to a thread that hasn't been posted in since 2009. That said, I do try to avoid necroposting.

Finding an old thread that is clearly on topic for the new post shows that someone spent the time to actually search for an answer instead of blindly starting a new thread.

I was a moderator for an older software product. I don't think we ever closed a thread due to time. It was always due to a thread going off the rails, which gave us time to clean it up and reopen it, with suitable warnings to the offending posters. Banning members was always a difficult decision. Oops, now I'm off topic.

Thanks Will.
drinks.gif

Back