diy solar

diy solar

Dr Strangetroll : or how I learned to stop arguing and be amused by the intransigence

Here is the scenario that I think does occur. No hospital, doctor, or nurse would deny care to the unvaccinated. However, when the numbers are very high and all ICU beds were taken, hospitals need to make a hard decision. If you have two competing Covid patients and all other things are relatively equal, the vaccinated patient is going to have the best odds statistically of survival and will get the bed.

There has been an influx of articles basically saying very little to nothing about this new variant.

Did the same thing happen with Delta or is this being pushed in a weirdly aggressive and premature way?

So far the general reporting is that it has a ton of mutations, but we don't know what they do. It may or may not be more transmissible. It may or may not cause vaccination and natural immunity to be effective. It may or may not be more deadly. It may or may not have milder symptoms.

They've managed to trigger the worst day this year for the stock market indices, on Black Friday of all days. Is this all to explain why we are about to start locking down international flights and pave the way for new lockdowns and mandates or is it just an abundance of caution?

It is the holidays, people are going to travel and visit whether or not this variant spreads. I guess I am just trying to figure out the motivation or why things are being handled this way this time.
Reply to OP. It's news. It gets reported. End of story. Should news agencies wait until all parties agree on how serious the new variants are? If that is the case, we will never hear about new variants. Should news agencies consider the possible effects of their stories, then agree with every other news org on the planet before they report? That's never gonna happen. When news is released, it gets reported. Some intelligent people may actually alter travel plans(such as visiting South Africa) due to this news. I was considering travel to Hawaii, but would not want to be stuck there due to flight restrictions, nor would I want to put deposits on accommodations if there is a chance of being unable to travel there. News must be reported. End of story.

Can't drink alcohol when it affects other people, there are laws to protect.

When did my health get affected by someone with fast food? Heart attack while driving seems kinda low chance to hurt me.

Tons of regulations keeping smoking from hurting other people, where have you been?

You can be arrested for sneaking unprotected sex and passing on disease, check case law.

Please don't play dumb. Not being vaccinated risks other peoples health, not just your own.

A fat person with a heart attack isn't going to spread heart disease to every other patient in the waiting room, come on.
My post was all in reference to hospital load. Not playing dumb on the impact to others ;)

Sure, lets "ramp up the health care system" to deal with the increased covid load... and when you can't afford health insurance and you're out of a job, what will you say then?

Not even remotely true.

Also, most people in the hospital aren't "fat, sick and nearly dead".. They're their for one minor medical condition or another.. They have an entire floor dedicated to just mothers giving birth.. People in car accidents or other physical injuries...

Some folks do fall under your "fat, sick and nearly dead" description.. but they are far from clogging up the hospitals.. Lots of middle aged people with one treatable medical condition or another.

You sound very young.. wait until you're in your 50's or 60's.
Most people in the hospital are there because of long term crappy lifestyle.

48 and I keep my heart rate at a sustained 180bbm for 30 minutes 4x/week on the concept2, knock out 4 sets of: 33 pushups, 14 pullups, 25 (light) shoulder presses, as well as a ton of other movements. On the 3 days/week I dont row, I crawl around a field for 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Most people in the hospital are there because of long term crappy lifestyle.
If their lifestyle was that crappy, it wouldn't be long term would it?

But I get your point.. and even agree somewhat that people should live healthier lives. Some folks do all the right things and still have short lives.. others do all the wrong things and live until their 90's or beyond.

There is also the issue of knowledge.. it wasn't until the late 90's when we began recognizing the long term affects of a diet heavy in sugar..

48 and I keep my heart rate at a sustained 180bbm for 30 minutes 4x/week on the concept2, knock out 4 sets of: 33 pushups, 14 pullups, 25 (light) shoulder presses, as well as a ton of other movements. On the 3 days/week I dont row, I crawl around a field for 30 minutes.

So you're still young(ish).
Your internet wasn't invented by some guy running 10 miles a day like Rambo, it was created by nerdy geeks who sit on their rear ends endlessly reading and typing while eating and drinking whatever keeps them awake the longest. The point is, we all have roles we play, we all fit our piece of the larger puzzle that is society.

I was an engineer.. sat on my ass most of the time, and sometimes I wish I never went to college, never got an education, and instead climbed ladders, dug ditches, pounded nails, or moved stock around a warehouse or something.

You can't use the lifestyle of the general population as an excuse to avoid responsibility for not being vaccinated while benefiting from those various lifestyles.. we label such behavior as "hypocrite"

Your internet wasn't invented by some guy running 10 miles a day like Rambo, it was created by nerdy geeks who sit on their rear ends endlessly reading and typing while eating and drinking whatever keeps them awake the longest.
I mean, can't they find 30 minutes in the day to exercise? Can't they eat a bit healthier whilst also jamming caffeine into their systems?

I was an engineer.. sat on my ass most of the time, and sometimes I wish I never went to college, never got an education, and instead climbed ladders, dug ditches, pounded nails, or moved stock around a warehouse or something.
Computer science here, I've worked labor intensive jobs, I've worked desk jobs. It really comes down to how you live your life outside of work too.

You can't use the lifestyle of the general population as an excuse to avoid responsibility for not being vaccinated while benefiting from those various lifestyles.. we label such behavior as "hypocrite"
You can if you are willing to say fuck society, I won't protect you if it involves .000001% or higher risk to myself, get on you wankers.

If their lifestyle was that crappy, it wouldn't be long term would it?
What?

But I get your point.. and even agree somewhat that people should live healthier lives. Some folks do all the right things and still have short lives.. others do all the wrong things and live until their 90's or beyond.
happens way less than people want to think

There is also the issue of knowledge.. it wasn't until the late 90's when we began recognizing the long term affects of a diet heavy in sugar..
There were Dr.s in the 60s that were ringing the alarm bells but the sugar lobby drowned them out.

So you're still young(ish).
Lived long enough to have live 2 lifetimes

Your internet wasn't invented by some guy running 10 miles a day like Rambo, it was created by nerdy geeks who sit on their rear ends endlessly reading and typing while eating and drinking whatever keeps them awake the longest. The point is, we all have roles we play, we all fit our piece of the larger puzzle that is society.

This is complete BS. People who are active, sleep and eat properly are more productive than those that "put in the hours". There is no excuse other than laziness and self-indulgence.

Better look up the definition of hypocrite ;)

Here is the scenario that I think does occur. No hospital, doctor, or nurse would deny care to the unvaccinated. However, when the numbers are very high and all ICU beds were taken, hospitals need to make a hard decision. If you have two competing Covid patients and all other things are relatively equal, the vaccinated patient is going to have the best odds statistically of survival and will get the bed.
and here we are awfully close to that exact situation.
my friend with a defective genetic heart condition has been told to wait at least 2 months..
which could potentially kill him

a girl from work has breast cancer.. her chemo's are on hold for a month.

my wife has muscular dystrophy, she's been told to take her pain for 3 months.

all because unvaccinated are flooding the hospitals.
their choice to not get vaccinates, however my friend, girl from work and wife HAVE NO CHOICE...

Last edited:
I haven't been vaccinated. I know, I should walk down the street ringing a bell and shouting out "Unclean, unclean", to warn others.
Masks are a waste of time, because I have yet to see the greatest spreader of illness, the mosquito, ever wearing one, and I don't know about other forum members, but the damn things eat me alive every year. Personally I'm immune to just about everything. I've never had measles, chickenpox, a cold, flu, or any of the other childhood illnesses. Just one of those things that supposedly I inherited from my early British ancestors who survived the Black Death and developed a natural immunity to viruses and plagues.
But the greatest reason for my stubbornness in getting vaccinated is that I grew up with victims of Thalidomide, which was perfectly safe; according to the pharmaceutical companies, just like the assurances about how safe the COVID vaccines are. :cautious:

I haven't been vaccinated. I know, I should walk down the street ringing a bell and shouting out "Unclean, unclean", to warn others.
Masks are a waste of time, because I have yet to see the greatest spreader of illness, the mosquito, ever wearing one, and I don't know about other forum members, but the damn things eat me alive every year. Personally I'm immune to just about everything. I've never had measles, chickenpox, a cold, flu, or any of the other childhood illnesses. Just one of those things that supposedly I inherited from my early British ancestors who survived the Black Death and developed a natural immunity to viruses and plagues.
But the greatest reason for my stubbornness in getting vaccinated is that I grew up with victims of Thalidomide, which was perfectly safe; according to the pharmaceutical companies, just like the assurances about how safe the COVID vaccines are. :cautious:
Mosquitoes do not spread Covid.

Just so others are aware. He is referring to events that took place in the late 1950's and early 1960's. Thalidomide was never approved by the US FDA. It did go through clinical testing in the US and 17 children were born with birth defects. The FDA administrator that stopped US approval was subsequently given the distinguished service award by President Kennedy/ I am sure MMNeil has received many vaccines and drugs in his life.

Just so others are aware. He is referring to events that took place in the late 1950's and early 1960's. Thalidomide was never approved by the US FDA. It did go through clinical testing in the US and 17 children were born with birth defects. The FDA administrator that stopped US approval was subsequently given the distinguished service award by President Kennedy/ I am sure MMNeil has received many vaccines and drugs in his life.
Plus he claims to be one of the one percent like myself who has the CCR5-delta 32 mutation but apparently doesn't know how it works and what types of viruses it works against.

Let's compare a morning sickness drug from the 50s to a 2020 vaccine, sounds right

Thalidomide, which worldwide maimed an estimated 20,000 babies and killed 80,000, was widely used in Britain between 1958 and 1962 as a wonder drug against morning sickness, but caused severe birth defects.

Let's compare a morning sickness drug from the 50s to a 2020 vaccine, sounds right

Thalidomide, which worldwide maimed an estimated 20,000 babies and killed 80,000, was widely used in Britain between 1958 and 1962 as a wonder drug against morning sickness, but caused severe birth defects.
It is like saying I will never get in a jet because of the Hindenburg.

this was meant as a joking comment, don't take it too serious.

but thanks for the statistic- you just made my point, many of the top 10 are actually influenced by the points I quoted.

First cause of hospital:
1. Septicemia (blood poisonings) is usually from cuts and other injuries (accidents)

and for 2-10 life style choices can improve those conditions.

this was meant as a joking comment, don't take it too serious.

but thanks for the statistic- you just made my point, many of the top 10 are actually influenced by the points I quoted.

First cause of hospital:
1. Septicemia (blood poisonings) is usually from cuts and other injuries (accidents)

and for 2-10 life style choices can improve those conditions.
Most common cause of septicemia is urinary tract infection, lung infection, kidney infection, diabetes, cancer. You have no idea what you are talking about. This conversation has enough people talking out their arse.

Back