diy solar

diy solar

Three Inverters in Parallel to power up three loads

SolarBatt456

Hi, I currently have three 5kw systems that are grid tied powering up three loads. I want to have a battery backup system. I bought three Growatt 5000es and planning to buy lithium batteries. Can I connect the three Growatt inverters in parallel and have one 48v 300ah battery or will I need three 48v 100ah batteries ? Thank you

Hi, I currently have three 5kw systems that are grid tied powering up three loads. I want to have a battery backup system. I bought three Growatt 5000es and planning to buy lithium batteries. Can I connect the three Growatt inverters in parallel and have one 48v 300ah battery or will I need three 48v 100ah batteries ? Thank you
The batteries nor the inverters will care where they are hooked up.

And actually, the growatts prefer a bussbar connected to a common battery.

The batteries nor the inverters will care where they are hooked up.

And actually, the growatts prefer a bussbar connected to a common battery.
Thanks for the reply. Is this doable ? The method I have said? Which is the more efficient method?

Thanks for the reply. Is this doable ? The method I have said? Which is the more efficient method?
Yes, completely doable.

I suppose, if there are 3 inverters driving three completely separate loads, having three batteries would let you monitor usage… but I still think the 300Ah battery connected to a bussbar, with the inverters all connected to, would be best.

The most efficient option would be to parallel the inverters (so that they can share the loads) , with a single battery bank. But, they can remain separate, and still be connected to the same battery bank.

Back